11th Gen Civic Forum banner
461 - 469 of 469 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Nobody will say Mattia did not tried his best and did a lot of good work. I bet he would be a great manager to report to too, but sports is ruthless. He'd be a great team manager if Scuderia only ever wants to be top 3 every year. I've said it so many times, Ferrari operate too much like a family business, everyone is like going back to their grandma's house everyday. You work and are motivated but if it doesn't end up winning you know your cousin has got your back, and there is a great barbecue waiting when you get home.

Look at how Mercedes and RB is run, and you see the intensity go up 3 notches. They need someone ruthless and without mercy at the whip.

· Registered
207 Posts
Nobody will say Mattia did not tried his best and did a lot of good work. I bet he would be a great manager to report to too, but sports is ruthless. He'd be a great team manager if Scuderia only ever wants to be top 3 every year. I've said it so many times, Ferrari operate too much like a family business, everyone is like going back to their grandma's house everyday. You work and are motivated but if it doesn't end up winning you know your cousin has got your back, and there is a great barbecue waiting when you get home.

Look at how Mercedes and RB is run, and you see the intensity go up 3 notches. They need someone ruthless and without mercy at the whip.
Sadly we echo the same business management structure that we IMHO, so dislike but want to see continue - Winning at any cost, costs so very much! Goodbye Mattia, we hardly new ya, Scuderia was his family. The business concept of the Japanese, Kaizen: Improve on whats been presented and continue to search for additional improvement, sure has worked for RB engines! It Really appears there’s no place for Grandma at F1 😢

· Registered
55 Posts
Sadly we echo the same business management structure that we IMHO, so dislike but want to see continue - Winning at any cost, costs so very much! Goodbye Mattia, we hardly new ya, Scuderia was his family. The business concept of the Japanese, Kaizen: Improve on whats been presented and continue to search for additional improvement, sure has worked for RB engines! It Really appears there’s no place for Grandma at F1 😢
On the same note, I am not sure why Vasseur or even Steiner is touted as potential replacement for Binotto. What have they actually brought to the table? I admit I don't know the internal structure of talent pipeline in the Scuderia team, but surely the right one would be someone of Horner or Wolff's calibre. A proven world champion. Even a top ex-driver would be understood better surely. Not another bean counter or engineer that is constantly mindful of the 300 variations of design approaches on the drawing board. And I am speaking as a mechanical engineer, I love every single variation and the details. Except I also know there is only 1 variant that will succeed every year.

· Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
On the same note, I am not sure why Vasseur or even Steiner is touted as potential replacement for Binotto. What have they actually brought to the table? I admit I don't know the internal structure of talent pipeline in the Scuderia team, but surely the right one would be someone of Horner or Wolff's calibre. A proven world champion. Even a top ex-driver would be understood better surely. Not another bean counter or engineer that is constantly mindful of the 300 variations of design approaches on the drawing board. And I am speaking as a mechanical engineer, I love every single variation and the details. Except I also know there is only 1 variant that will succeed every year.
I agree. If Vasseur or Steiner had taken their team and pushed them to new heights... sure. But they haven't.

I think they need to look elsewhere.

I like what Williams did with Jost Capito. I mean... he hasn't done much with the team either this year, but you just know this is a guy who knows how to win... and wants to.

Surely there has to be someone running an endurance car team or WRC team who could be called up to F1.

· Registered
207 Posts
I agree. If Vasseur or Steiner had taken their team and pushed them to new heights... sure. But they haven't.

I think they need to look elsewhere.

I like what Williams did with Jost Capito. I mean... he hasn't done much with the team either this year, but you just know this is a guy who knows how to win... and wants to.

Surely there has to be someone running an endurance car team or WRC team who could be called up to F1.
People, I’ve had a strong impression that this Monster called F1 is a very private club, with a members-only structure going back many years!

461 - 469 of 469 Posts