11th Gen Civic Forum banner
281 - 300 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Vegas will be one helluva show. But one helluva nightmare to traverse.as it is traffic is already insane.thats definitely a race I'd like to go,I can't imagine how astronomical the tickets let alone any hotel room facing the track will be .

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have faith in Lewis,but zero in Mercedes. They're getting destroyed. The car just sucks. The Ferrari is able to keep up probably because this year the power train is superior to the Mercedes. The Mercedes has the speed this year in a useless chassis. It's like having 1000 hp civic . Fwd yeah it's exciting to say outloud but realistically it's probably fairly undrivable for a daily. The Mercedes can't hit the potential. I'm guessing it's much to do with the skinny tires this year.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sprint race is not too different from real race. I'm not too sure what's the point here. They perhaps need to allow an even softer, quicker and faster degrading compound tyre only for sprint racing? Yes, it makes me tune in twice as long on the telly because there I usually do not watch all the FP's but now there is an added qualifying for sprint that I kinda want to watch, and I'm sure attendance in the track is also increased on Friday and Saturday.. but it does not give that much difference to RB and Ferrari and even Merc, McLaren and all the rest in terms of points won.
The positive about this years Sprints are points down to eight, teams n drivers complained last year. RB had a real productive haul this weekend -

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is it's the car... why is George so far up in front of Lewis? I don't want to be a jerk, but it's a real question that needs to be addressed.

Also, in other news, rumors that Piastri may join mid season. Could Albon get ousted again?

No two cars even from same manufacturer are identical. Just remember last year Hamilton had an issue and they thought it was the car so he swapped with botas. Come to find out it was something else. Each car is tailored to each driver. So in a sense it's like a base model but fine tuned to each person in a sense. I think it's a matter of suspension and some stiffening braces. But primarily the suspension needs to be retuned from scratch. I wonder if they reused the suspension from the previous year and returned it rather than come up with a totally different suspension and valving system. Ultimately the suspension is what needs to take the force and eliminate most of the porpoising from the chassis. I swear they looks so unstable ,that's probably why Hamilton doesn't want to push it and Russel is still young like verstappen so they're pushing it rather than being calculated.just a theory

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
No two cars even from same manufacturer are identical. Just remember last year Hamilton had an issue and they thought it was the car so he swapped with botas. Come to find out it was something else. Each car is tailored to each driver. So in a sense it's like a base model but fine tuned to each person in a sense. I think it's a matter of suspension and some stiffening braces. But primarily the suspension needs to be retuned from scratch. I wonder if they reused the suspension from the previous year and returned it rather than come up with a totally different suspension and valving system. Ultimately the suspension is what needs to take the force and eliminate most of the porpoising from the chassis. I swear they looks so unstable ,that's probably why Hamilton doesn't want to push it and Russel is still young like verstappen so they're pushing it rather than being calculated.just a theory
Good point on RUS vs Ham. I wonder if Russell is just happy almost dying every time he goes out and that's the difference maker.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good point on RUS vs Ham. I wonder if Russell is just happy almost dying every time he goes out and that's the difference maker.
Idk that's what they all seem to be buzzing about right now.
Kinda odd horner even backing hammy right now. Weird times. But the facts like I can't remember who I read just said that just 5 races ago they were at each other's neck and now it's crap. Goes to show it's more than likely the car . Hamilton didn't forget how to race. I don't believe he's better than senna,but I do believe he's as good as em and senna was still in his prime when he died. Kinda eerie racing at imola with senna dying there and Hamilton having a totally bogus race. Both with faulty cars.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
Looks like it's official, VW is getting into F1 with both Audi and Porsche

They're probably trying to capitalize on the Miami GP this weekend. F1 will be a big topic of conversation in the US this week.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Back onto the Formula 1 topic for a moment. How strong do those RB's appear while pulling strong down the straight, seems the only real other livery on their pace might just be Ferrari 🤔

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well,seems like after today the tables have turned for lewis vs Russell. But it was only FP and Q. Tomorrow let's hope he can pull one out of the bag of tricks and romp on the blue and reds

281 - 300 of 338 Posts