11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, it looks like we have a few Formula 1 fans on the site so I thought I'd start an overall discussion thread.

First race is Australia (Covid willing) on March 18-21st. That's just slightly more than two months away. Not long at all actually.

I can't wait!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Funny, the day after I post this I see they pushed the Australia race.

Now the first race is Bahrain March 26th-28th.

Looks like we've gotta wait a week longer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anyone interested in eventually seeing an autonomous F1 car?

Its already happening with Indy

·
Registered
233 Posts
This Rossi vs Robot race is a good example of how well robots can perform currently.
It was just 32 seconds behind Rossi in the end.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Anyone interested in eventually seeing an autonomous F1 car?

Its already happening with Indy
Cheering/booing race car drivers is such big part of racing I don't know if it'd be the same for me if it was all autonomous.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, basically two months until F1 starts.

Any rumors on when Drive to Survive might be coming tot Netflix?

Here's a great new video of Perez now that he's a RedBull driver

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We should do a betting game on how long it takes before Hamilton signs a contract...

·
Registered
189 Posts
We should do a betting game on how long it takes before Hamilton signs a contract...
Seems like it's going to be soon. Toto Wolff is saying Hamilton's contract should be done within a week.

“I believe Lewis will be signed within a week. I cannot see it going into February,” he told the PA news agency.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some very exciting news, Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 3 is coming to Netflix on March 19!

I can't wait. This show really is fantastic.
I've been re-watching season one. It's funny to see that before they penalized the Ferrari engines the Ferraris, Haas and Alfa Romeo were all near the top.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can't wait. This show really is fantastic.
I've been re-watching season one. It's funny to see that before they penalized the Ferrari engines the Ferraris, Haas and Alfa Romeo were all near the top.
When you look back at the previous two seasons and see the trailer you really see how much turnover there is among the drivers. Ricciardo will be on 3 different teams lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea.. Ricciardo has been all over the place. I think he should do awesome thing year. McLaren chassis with Mercedes power should be a good combo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts