11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, read below that you cannot place a factory order in the U.S. allocation only. Is this the case in Canada/Onario as well? Has anybody found a dealer in Onario willing to do so? Considering Touring Sedan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't heard from a dealer yet, any idea wait times? 3-4 months seems typical but maybe not Civics as they are made here?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told today 6-8 weeks. Going for a test drive tomorrow, haven't driven a Honda if you can believe it, so not sure what to expect. Was in line to buy a '22 Kona but they sold out, and zero info on '23's so I have likedly decided to move on and look at other options including Sedans.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4/15 was when my order was placed with Alliston and I asked my dealership today if there is an ETA, and they gave me a 6/14-6/22 window. Will see how this progresses, and asked my sales guy to call me by end of week to discuss

·
Registered
33 Posts
4/15 was when my order was placed with Alliston and I asked my dealership today if there is an ETA, and they gave me a 6/14-6/22 window. Will see how this progresses, and asked my sales guy to call me by end of week to discuss
so 2-2.5 months as well... BTW I visited this Alliston factory ~3 years ago, I was sure they were manufacturing Honda CRV only there...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
so 2-2.5 months as well... BTW I visited this Alliston factory ~3 years ago, I was sure they were manufacturing Honda CRV only there...
I have a buddy who works up at the plant in Alliston. Apparently there are two factories. Plant 1 makes the Civic Sedan only, and Plant 2 where he works makes the CRV's. Last we spoke his hours at plant 2 haven't been great, so must be more behind there than where the Civic's are being made. Civic Hatch is made in the UK I believe, thus the price difference for the Limited on both trims

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a buddy who works up at the plant in Alliston. Apparently there are two factories. Plant 1 makes the Civic Sedan only, and Plant 2 where we works makes the CRV's. Last we spoke his hours at plant 2 haven't been great, so must be more behind there than where the Civic's are being made. Civic Hatch is made in the UK I believe, thus the price difference for the Limited on both trims
Hatch for NA is made in USA/JPN. Type-R used to be assembled in Swindon but it closed down in 2021.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts