11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious who bought the extended warranty?

I was thinking about the basic extended with out the maintenance package. It extends the bumper to bumper and no out of pocket expenses for 10 year 140,000 miles for $3500.

They said if something breaks they will replace for free. Includes free towing and rentals.

I know it can be a waste of money but I also know it can pay for itself as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealership was pushing Zurich comprehensive extended warranty at the time of sale. I asked how long I had to make a decision because it seemed like a good deal but I prefer to research. They said I could do it later but then I have to pay up front instead of option to finance. Fine. Since that time, I haven't found anything about Zurich's extended warranty that wasn't 1. marketing or 2. Negative and complaints on how Zurich make it super hard or won't pay even when guidelines are followed.

The details for my quote was bumper to bumper for 10 years.. That's +7 yrs for internals and +5 yrs for powertrain vs the mfg warranty. Total cost of ~$2100 for the '22 EX

Since that time I've learned Honda have an extended warranty available. My dealership didn't mention. Probably not a money maker for them. Doesn't seem like I need to buy it now, but I need to learn a little more.. might be just fine to get at the end of the mfg warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Was curious who bought the extended warranty?

I was thinking about the basic extended with out the maintenance package. It extends the bumper to bumper and no out of pocket expenses for 10 year 140,000 miles for $3500.

They said if something breaks they will replace for free. Includes free towing and rentals.

I know it can be a waste of money but I also know it can pay for itself as well.
That seems like a lot. I was quoted $1,135 for 7 years/ 120k miles. This is an out of state dealer I’ve used in the past on a 2011 Accord and the warranty paid for itself over the years (alternator, battery cable, cv shaft seals, and blown ac line).

This same dealer has 5/60k for $620. My local dealer quoted me at over $3,500 for 5/60k at time of purchase, for reference.

Here’s the link for the dealer I’m using - Genuine Honda Care - Honda Extended Coverage - Backed by Honda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts