11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys not to panic but here is what happened. At around 1100 miles early in the am I pulled up to a traffic light. The car shut off like normal and all of a sudden every light and chime started going off. I think the first one I saw was an emissions problem (see you dealer) flashing below this message. Then it proceeded to flash every other option brake system, lane mitigation system, and about ten others all saying see your dealer. When i attempted to pull away from the light as it turned green the car would go 6 miles and hour. Now after having my 2017 Si towed with less than 20,000 miles after the turbo detonated and it went limp, I knew to shut it down and try it again. Okay so it came out of limp mode but all lights still on. The Dealer being nowhere on July 3rd I had to take matters into my own hands. After restarting the vehicle and after lights started the car was switched into normal mode as I had it in econ, and it would not allow me to change it back. All safety features were non existent at this point. So I went home and unhooked the battery in the Engine compartment (I am assuming there is another somewhere, looking for this in the near future) for about 1 minute. Well no lights all is well with no more signs it even happened even all memory was saved. I am at a loss but I drive 3000 miles a month so my oil change will be due in no time so I will get it checked then unless I have another mishap. I really don't have the time to go see them. That is why I bought Honda. I am going to chalk it up as a fluke for now.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
124 Posts
Something similar (but not exactly the same) happened after my cousin got her CR-V... all the warnings and lights all came on at once. Ended up being because one of the safety system sensors needed to be adjusted and it just threw the whole car into chaos. An easy fix, and it hasn't happened since then (she was able to take it straight to the dealer when it happened).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have called Honda Roadside assistance and had them tow it to the dealership. I've only had one new car in my life do something similar and it wasn't a Honda. Had it towed to the dealership. They said they couldn't find anything wrong. I drove it 5 years and never did it again. I think they found something but wouldn't fess up. No matter. Was a good car but I was spooked for a few weeks afterwards.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I would have called Honda Roadside assistance and had them tow it to the dealership. I've only had one new car in my life do something similar and it wasn't a Honda. Had it towed to the dealership. They said they couldn't find anything wrong. I drove it 5 years and never did it again. I think they found something but wouldn't fess up. No matter. Was a good car but I was spooked for a few weeks afterwards.
As stated above, I have done that with a Honda and they did not fix the car. it was a 2017 Civic Si and it had a miss-fire. This would cause detonation at high revs that they said they could not replicate. all they had to do was drive the shit out of it and they would have realized they did nothing. They had the car for 9 days saying they needed a fresh tune from Honda. Well it would still go limp. I ordered 4 spark plugs and 4 coils. I changed the plugs and on inspection one of the platinum tips was completely burned off. I did not put the coils on and it was fixed. Drove it another 100,000 before I traded it in. So being that they were gone for four days I opted to keep my car on the road.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something similar (but not exactly the same) happened after my cousin got her CR-V... all the warnings and lights all came on at once. Ended up being because one of the safety system sensors needed to be adjusted and it just threw the whole car into chaos. An easy fix, and it hasn't happened since then (she was able to take it straight to the dealer when it happened).
I live a mile from them but they were closed or they would know all about it lol. I was actually less that 2 blocks from them when this happened. I think it was a fluke or it would have already done it again. I have already put another 500 miles on it since then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are no flukes and the issue happened for a reason. The problem needs to be properly diagnosed and resolved. Failure to do so, may result in your car experiencing the same or worse problems when you least expect it in the future.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are no flukes and the issue happened for a reason. The problem needs to be properly diagnosed and resolved. Failure to do so, may result in your car experiencing the same or worse problems when you least expect it in the future.
Yes! And what if next time the "fluke" happens at highway speed, in front of a tractor trailer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand your point and do plan to take it in to the dealer on Saturday. I will bet you money they can not even tell the codes were set off but I will know more in 2 days. Don't stress out more than I am.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Keep us posted. They should definitely be able to get a code.

I had that happen on a very new Mazda and it turned out to be the Alternator. Faulty one on a brand new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts