11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish Honda would have had this default to off. It reminds me of the goofy "skip shift" GM installed on their M6 transmissions, I installed a certain ohm resister and eliminated it. I wonder if I can take this back to the dealer and have them reprogram this out of the ECM? Any thoughts?

Registered
There are options in the aftermarket. If you found a dealer to reprogram the ECU I would be shocked. Good luck. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are options in the aftermarket. If you found a dealer to reprogram the ECU I would be shocked. Good luck. 馃憤
I can only find one that says it's for a '21 Accord and the price is $80. Which seems excessive. I have a buddy that's an electrical engineer, maybe he can help me out?

Registered
I can only find one that says it's for a '21 Accord and the price is $80. Which seems excessive. I have a buddy that's an electrical engineer, maybe he can help me out?
Good luck. I鈥檒l just push the button when I start the car 馃檲

Registered
Wish Honda would have had this default to off. It reminds me of the goofy "skip shift" GM installed on their M6 transmissions, I installed a certain ohm resister and eliminated it. I wonder if I can take this back to the dealer and have them reprogram this out of the ECM? Any thoughts?
Yeah I wouldn't expect a dealer to agree to reprogramming the ECU for that. If your friend is skilled maybe he can see a solution but personally dealing with anything anything electrical like that makes me nervous. I wish companies kept the option to turn it on and off permanently but I guess with stricter emissions that's not possible.

Registered
Are there any independent shops near you that specialize in Honda's?
If so they might be able to access the dealer/service menus and adjust something from that end.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there any independent shops near you that specialize in Honda's?
If so they might be able to access the dealer/service menus and adjust something from that end.
Could be. I would think the 11 gen is just like switch on the 10th gen but not sure? I also found a couple of possible wiring solutions on other forums, but hopefully someone will come out with a fix other than completely disabling the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts