11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so fo the second time my emission lights have come on out of nowhere. Last time it did this I noticed the gas door was opened, so it's possible I drove it like that causing the issue. I drove for a couple days afterwards per the dealer, but went to see them about the Android Auto issue and they pulled the battery which did nothing for AA, but did shut off the emissions.

Today it's on again, so something is likely up. I will give it a couple of days before booking an app't, but who has had an issue this early on in the '22's?

· Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring w/ 6 speed manual
41 Posts
Best bet is to have the codes scanned. Light could be in for multiple reasons. I had an issue with mine that came on around 1k miles. Didn’t notice a drivability issue but the hose fitting for the EVAP on the turbo inlet pipe (could be wrong) was snapped off. Dealer replaced the whole pipe under warranty. I’m at 8k miles now and haven’t had any further issues. knock on wood. Codes were P04F0 and a P145D. Hope your dealer can get you in soon!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Rim

Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealership had the car in today and had a hard time gettin any reading, but finally showed a bent valve as what they think triggered the light. Being a new car they haven't seen this before, so a part was ordered hopefully arriving in a couple of days. 50/50 shot at it just being this, so will see. Seems very odd but who knows

· Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring w/ 6 speed manual
41 Posts
My dealership had the car in today and had a hard time gettin any reading, but finally showed a bent valve as what they think triggered the light. Being a new car they haven't seen this before, so a part was ordered hopefully arriving in a couple of days. 50/50 shot at it just being this, so will see. Seems very odd but who knows
Wow! Thank goodness for warranties.

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thank goodness for warranties.
That is if it's really that? I know nothing about these but the little reading up I did shows it as an expensive fix. No clue what purpose this serves but the dealership says the car is safe to drive. Oddly enough over a day in and assuming they wiped all the codes, the emission lights hasn't turned on since. I assume it still will, but will see if it does in the next few days

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, so fo the second time my emission lights have come on out of nowhere. Last time it did this I noticed the gas door was opened, so it's possible I drove it like that causing the issue. I drove for a couple days afterwards per the dealer, but went to see them about the Android Auto issue and they pulled the battery which did nothing for AA, but did shut off the emissions.

Today it's on again, so something is likely up. I will give it a couple of days before booking an app't, but who has had an issue this early on in the '22's?
My emission warning and engine warning light just came on this morning (first time), bought the Civic brand new June 2022 and it only has 4400 KM. Booked into the shop for tomorrow.

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My emission warning and engine warning light just came on this morning (first time), bought the Civic brand new June 2022 and it only has 4400 KM. Booked into the shop for tomorrow.
Bet you a coffee it's the filler neck issue I had replaced, as have many others. If they don't suggest it have them do a leak test.....sounds like almost everybody will have this pop up on the '22's. Mine came in June as well

· Registered
6 Posts
Bet you a coffee it's the filler neck issue I had replaced, as have many others. If they don't suggest it have them do a leak test.....sounds like almost everybody will have this pop up on the '22's. Mine came in June as well
I took it in, unfortunately their computer couldn't get an accurate result because my gas tank was full. I have to take it back in once I'm down to half a tank. I did mention the filler neck, and he agreed, but wants to rule out anything else before replacing it. I'll keep you posted.

· Registered
6 Posts
I took it in, unfortunately their computer couldn't get an accurate result because my gas tank was full. I have to take it back in once I'm down to half a tank. I did mention the filler neck, and he agreed, but wants to rule out anything else before replacing it. I'll keep you posted.
Brought my Civic back in today, as we suspected I was told it is the "Capless Fuel Filler neck". The rubber grommet of this part is not making a proper seal causing air to get into the system. They have it on order, but alas its on back order. I promptly said that's probably because this is happening to several other owners, and they relayed that its just not the Civic, they're having problems getting parts for all of the new cars. It could take a week to two months to get the part, and in the mean time, they said I'm to ignore the emission light if it comes on. I doubt I will be ignoring it, as it could be something else. Again, had a Toyota for 11 years and never had it in the shop.

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brought my Civic back in today, as we suspected I was told it is the "Capless Fuel Filler neck". The rubber grommet of this part is not making a proper seal causing air to get into the system. They have it on order, but alas its on back order. I promptly said that's probably because this is happening to several other owners, and they relayed that its just not the Civic, they're having problems getting parts for all of the new cars. It could take a week to two months to get the part, and in the mean time, they said I'm to ignore the emission light if it comes on. I doubt I will be ignoring it, as it could be something else. Again, had a Toyota for 11 years and never had it in the shop.
rest assured it's likely the issue. My part took about 3 weeks to come in. If you are annoyed by the light coming in (remote start will disable if this is the case), just go to the dealer and have them reset so this feature will still work in the winter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts