11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think we've established there are a few F1 fans here and I suspect that means we have several of us who watch the Netflix series Drive to Survive.

Well, Season 3 starts this Friday. I'll be watching and definitely finishing within the week.

I guess we can't really worry about spoilers because the season is already over.

I'll give you my thoughts as I watch the episodes. I can't wait.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so I got to watch episodes 1 and 2 last night.

Fascinating to see them chat with LAwrence Stroll. That dude is serious AF.

The powerplay between Christian and Toto is excellent. Christian knows Red Bull is at a disadvantage and he does everything he can to try and knock Mercedes off their game.

I absolutely love the power play of knowing Lewis hadn't slowed up under a yellow but waiting until the very last minute to bring the info to the FIA so that he could fluster Mercedes at the last second.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watched 3,4 and part of 5.

LOVED seeing Botas stand up for himself in Russia. I still don't think he's a world champion though. Honestly, if he was in a worse car, no one would be talking about him at all.

The Ricciardo episode was great. Interesting to see the back and forth dynamic and how even though he left Renault at the start of the season he was in it to win it all season long. I think he'll do fantastic at McLaren.

And I've just started the Albon/Gasly one... ugh... I feel bad for Albon. I mean, he doesn't deserve the Red Bull seat, but I still feel bad for the guy.
I'm really curious to see what happens to Gasly over the next few years. I'd love to see him in a better car, although the Alphatauri might be pretty darn good this year too.

·
Registered
747 Posts
OK, so I got to watch episodes 1 and 2 last night.

Fascinating to see them chat with LAwrence Stroll. That dude is serious AF.

The powerplay between Christian and Toto is excellent. Christian knows Red Bull is at a disadvantage and he does everything he can to try and knock Mercedes off their game.

I absolutely love the power play of knowing Lewis hadn't slowed up under a yellow but waiting until the very last minute to bring the info to the FIA so that he could fluster Mercedes at the last second.
Watched the first 3 episodes. I'm not a fan of Stroll, I constantly think he's putting on a persona in front of the camera. I laughed so hard at everyone reacting to the Racing Point car looking exactly like the Mercedes car.

The episode about Hamilton and Bottas was fascinating. I really like Bottas as a driver and I hope he's able to shine with Mercedes or someone else.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's hard to like Stroll. I agree about the persona. Not very authentic.

It was nice to see Bottas taking control of a situation. Still, I'm not sure he has what it takes.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's hard to like Stroll. I agree about the persona. Not very authentic.

It was nice to see Bottas taking control of a situation. Still, I'm not sure he has what it takes.
I really like Aston Martin but it's hard for me to root for them knowing it's Racing Point. I was surprised to see Bottas do that too. There's only so much you take bending over for Hamilton. Speaking of which that 10 second penalty Hamilton got at the Russian Grand Prix was such a boneheaded move.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like Aston Martin but it's hard for me to root for them knowing it's Racing Point. I was surprised to see Bottas do that too. There's only so much you take bending over for Hamilton. Speaking of which that 10 second penalty Hamilton got at the Russian Grand Prix was such a boneheaded move.
When you look back on the season, Hamilton actually made a few mistakes. If there was anyone closer they really could have capitalized on them.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw that.

Season 3 was just ok I thought.

Right now I'm just feeling super deprived of F1. No race in two weeks and another week to go. I talked to my dad today and he said he was sure he must have missed a race because it's been so long.

I reassured him he hadn't... this is just a cruel 3 week intermission.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I saw that.

Season 3 was just ok I thought.

Right now I'm just feeling super deprived of F1. No race in two weeks and another week to go. I talked to my dad today and he said he was sure he must have missed a race because it's been so long.

I reassured him he hadn't... this is just a cruel 3 week intermission.
I had that same feeling that somehow I missed a race. It's weird having a break like this. Season 4 should have some great stories/moments with all the new drivers and the driver changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts