11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a car newbie - just signed the papers on a Civic 2022 LX. I test drove the EX which had Blind Spot Monitoring and thought it was a great feature.

The LX description at the dealership says it includes the "Blind Spot Information (BSI) system" and when we were agreeing on a price, I was clear that I wanted it on my LX and that my car would include it.

That said, looking at forums or on YouTube about trim levels, some say that the base model LX does not have Blind Spot Monitoring. My questions are:

1) I'm a car newbie - is it the case that some LX's have the Blind Spot system and some don't? The dealerships in my area all specify the LX have it in their descriptions, to the point where it seemed standard with the LX. But the internet at large says it isn't.

2) If some LX's do indeed have the Blind Spot system, do the EX's and higher trims have better tech? Ex. Do they make a more audible or visible notification? Or is the system the same at all trim levels?

3) Side question: The EX that I drove also indicated the road's speed limit on the dash - is that standard on the LX or not? I assumed it was, but maybe I assumed wrong.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like only the EX and above have the full safety suite, including the Blind Spot Information system. I'd imagine all the features you're curious about are on EX trims and above:

View attachment 3314

Thanks for the link. Are car trims fairly static? Or can customers and dealerships configure the LX to include certain features and exclude certain other features?

Would it be out of the ordinary for a dealership for all their LX models to have Blind Spot Monitoring because those are the models they have/want to sell?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Or can customers and dealerships configure the LX to include certain features and exclude certain other features?
Honda doesn't do "options". All trims have the same equipment. Like @andyg posted, in the US you have to get an EX or Touring to get Blind Spot.

And yes, your LX does have Traffic Sign Recognition as standard. It's part of Honda Sensing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Within a given region (e.g. Canada or the US) the trim level features are very static for a given model year--I'm not sure about ordering specific features in other regions, however. Any Asia or European members want to chime in?

I highly doubt a given dealer would be able to add a single specific feature to a given trim and probably wouldn't want to; I can only imagine the work in adding that (adding sensors, updating or customizing vehicle software, etc) when it'd be easier to upsell to the next trim level. Is it possible they're confusing this with lane departure warning feature?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Within a given region (e.g. Canada or the US) the trim level features are very static for a given model year--I'm not sure about ordering specific features in other regions, however. Any Asia or European members want to chime in?

I highly doubt a given dealer would be able to add a single specific feature to a given trim and probably wouldn't want to; I can only imagine the work in adding that (adding sensors, updating or customizing vehicle software, etc) when it'd be easier to upsell to the next trim level. Is it possible they're confusing this with lane departure warning feature?
Thanks to you and @roymerperez_yt - makes sense. Maybe you're right, that it differs per region but is static within that region. For example, in Canada, here's a link to 3 of the same LX model (same price, different colors) at a Toronto-based dealership that I Googled:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3 (about $300 more because of the white color surcharge I believe)

And all 3 LX's state that they have Blind Spot Information (BSI):

So perhaps at least in Canada, Blind Spot Monitoring is considered standard at the LX trim?

If so, I'm curious why Canada vs. other countries. Anyways, thoughts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks to you and @roymerperez_yt - makes sense. Maybe you're right, that it differs per region but is static within that region. For example, in Canada, here's a link to 3 of the same LX model (same price, different colors) at a Toronto-based dealership that I Googled:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3 (about $300 more because of the white color surcharge I believe)

And all 3 LX's state that they have Blind Spot Information (BSI):

View attachment 3315

So perhaps at least in Canada, Blind Spot Monitoring is considered standard at the LX trim?

If so, I'm curious why Canada vs. other countries. Anyways, thoughts?
You definitely have Blind Spot! This is from the Canadian Honda site:

And this is from the first listing:

I'm Jealous.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah, that makes sense then. I see the honda.ca site mentions the LX does indeed include BSI as standard (LX is the left column):

As for regional specific features, a few things come to mind, specifically local regulatory requirements, creative marketing/product managers, and features on competing vehicles the company feels compelled to include. I'd love it if the US Civic would have the option of a heated steering wheel for example which is standard on certain trims in Canada but not available at any price in the US.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, that makes sense then. I see the honda.ca site mentions the LX does indeed include BSI as standard (LX is the left column):

View attachment 3316

As for regional specific features, a few things come to mind, specifically local regulatory requirements, creative marketing/product managers, and features on competing vehicles the company feels compelled to include. I'd love it if the US Civic would have the option of a heated steering wheel for example which is standard on certain trims in Canada but not available at any price in the US.
Absolutely. Think you're also right, the Heated Steering Wheel is standard at the EX trim in Canada but I didn't think it was worth the upgrade so I settled with the LX.

I recall my salesperson saying that they were so excited when they learned about that feature being standard. I like warm hands in winter too but I don't recall being that excited. Maybe it's new to Civics or something this year and thus their excitement?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Absolutely. Think you're also right, the Heated Steering Wheel is standard at the EX trim in Canada but I didn't think it was worth the upgrade so I settled with the LX.

I recall my salesperson saying that they were so excited when they learned about that feature being standard. I like warm hands in winter too but I don't recall being that excited. Maybe it's new to Civics or something this year and thus their excitement?
Could be, I have very limited (e.g. almost none LOL) about previous generation Civics but it makes sense. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of mine, the first car I've owned in 7 years after living overseas :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
it’s standard in Canada so you should se it on every 2022 civic there. In US it’s EX and Touring. In US the only good benefits of getting EX to me is definitely the turbo, moonroof, dual climate with heated seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts