11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For whatever reason I had this thought. Now that the civic will have an all digital cluster does anyone else hope that tuners like HONDATA K-Tuner Spoon Sports or Mugen might program in a custom cluster? Kinda like way back when spoon made a special cluster for the type r except digital? I kinda hope for this though it’s a long shot. I mean how cool would it be for when You throw on a sport mode or something - a HONDATA cluster to pop up and sync with the app?!
Also notice how the spoon cluster has a wider rpm range than the mugen one. Maybe they can make these readings more accurate so you don’t get those “speedometer burying” moments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I can see this happening.

The only limitations might be what the clusters hardware allows.

As for the software, I'm sure some bones from the Raspberry Pi ones that regular folks are working with can help.

·
Registered
462 Posts
For whatever reason I had this thought. Now that the civic will have an all digital cluster does anyone else hope that tuners like HONDATA K-Tuner Spoon Sports or Mugen might program in a custom cluster? Kinda like way back when spoon made a special cluster for the type r except digital? I kinda hope for this though it’s a long shot. I mean how cool would it be for when You throw on a sport mode or something - a HONDATA cluster to pop up and sync with the app?! View attachment 1306 Also notice how the spoon cluster has a wider rpm range than the mugen one. Maybe they can make these readings more accurate so you don’t get those “speedometer burying” moments
Now that you bring it up I think it's definitely something that Honda and/or aftermarket companies should look into. It would scratch a nostalgia itch and then you could switch it back to the modern screen whenever you wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts