11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
You guys are lucky you don't ilve close to the Ontario plant as I do...once I get a VIN I will likely be found staking out the assembly plant 24/7 watching for a car that looks like mine to be loaded on a truck, lol
Received VIN Monday May 2. Arrived at the dealer 74.5KM away (Yes, I Googled the distance) Monday, May 9. Delivery tomorrow Friday May 13.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congratulations & good for you! Both the Mfg Plant & Dealership was in Canada I presume?
Thanks, been quite a long wait but worth it! Weather is finally getting good in Ontario. Been a long winter that you Southerners don't know about :p

Honda of Canada Manufacturing is in Alliston, ON and the dealership is in the Toronto-area. More than 6 months to get the orange Si's since they build them in batches. I've seen a number of orange ones Canadian spec on Youtube in the last week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The problem is you still have no idea what this driver's route is (or whatever means is transporting this car to your dealership).

It could be on a truck that is then going to a train (to LA) that will go to another train (to SF) and then get loaded on a truck to your dealer, who knows?

And if the train gets robbed somewhere west of Sante Fe by The New Dalton Gang and their crew of hatchback rustlers, well, whaddya gonna do?
To your last question: (call) Ghostbusters!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Order Details sheet updates around 9-10am PST. Will give the dealer a call at 10:30am to check out. I feel like it may get pushed to tomorrow. Hoping for the best. Thanks for your good will buddy! Appreciate it!
What is an Order Details sheet? Is that something specific to your dealership? I have been waiting for a Civic to arrive as well (I'm in TX), original ETA 5.6-5.10, and has now been pushed back to 5.11-5.16. I have called the dealer yesterday, they said that the last record was the car loaded onto the train. I wonder if the Order Details sheet can act like a delivery tracking sheet or something like that?

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
427 Posts
The Order Details sheet updates around 9-10am PST. Will give the dealer a call at 10:30am to check out. I feel like it may get pushed to tomorrow. Hoping for the best. Thanks for your good will buddy! Appreciate it!
Haven’t seen an update from you since before check-in time yesterday

Hope that’s because you’ve been busy breaking in your new Civic…!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Haven’t seen an update from you since before check-in time yesterday

Hope that’s because you’ve been busy breaking in your new Civic…!
LMAO! Coz I didn't get an update until today 1pm PST. The car has arrived at the Lot & will be completing all tests & cleaning process tmrw. Thanks for being enthusiastic & supportive of the car purchase process! Here's a sneak peek of him!! :LOL:

Plan is togo to dealership an hour early, do all paper work, get the car, perform some small ritual for the car, then drive off straight to LA. Gonna be a long night. Hopefully we don't drive too much in dark 😅
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
What is an Order Details sheet? Is that something specific to your dealership? I have been waiting for a Civic to arrive as well (I'm in TX), original ETA 5.6-5.10, and has now been pushed back to 5.11-5.16. I have called the dealer yesterday, they said that the last record was the car loaded onto the train. I wonder if the Order Details sheet can act like a delivery tracking sheet or something like that?
This is the sheet I'm talking about. I called it wrongly. I think your car could come anytime soon. Just try to get frequenct updaytes from your dealer. For us, under the Shipping Sect, Loc changed from ON to NM then to CA. So you know where your car's at. Good Luck! Post a snap of your car when you get it. Happy Weekend!
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Circle

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the sheet I'm talking about. I called it wrongly. I think your car could come anytime soon. Just try to get frequenct updaytes from your dealer. For us, under the Shipping Sect, Loc changed from ON to NM then to CA. So you know where your car's at. Good Luck! Post a snap of your car when you get it. Happy Weekend!
View attachment 8500
Thanks, also congrats for getting your car! My car hasn't arrived yet. I planning to pick it up next Saturday, so I guess there is no more need to push them for an daily update.. Surely next week... LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
What exactly makes no sense? Is it that you are waiting on a car that is in high demand while there’s a supply shortage?
I am sorry I didn't make it clear. That reply was following my previous replies in this post.

My car was already manufactured (VIN number existing), around 4/27. The car was already on its way to the dealership at least two weeks ago. The original ETA was 5.6-5.10, and then changed to 5.11-5.16, now 5.27-5.31. I have not seen anyone else here experiencing big delievery delays, and my dealership sales manager also said the ETA is fairly accurate. I understand that there are massive production delays due to supply chain issues, bla bla bla. But I'm not sure what can push back my delivery date by more than 20 days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I am sorry I didn't make it clear. That reply was following my previous replies in this post.

My car was already manufactured (VIN number existing), around 4/27. The car was already on its way to the dealership at least two weeks ago. The original ETA was 5.6-5.10, and then changed to 5.11-5.16, now 5.27-5.31. I have not seen anyone else here experiencing big delievery delays, and my dealership sales manager also said the ETA is fairly accurate. I understand that there are massive production delays due to supply chain issues, bla bla bla. But I'm not sure what can push back my delivery date by more than 20 days.
It happens. Quite unfortunate. My dealer handled another guy who ordered a Black Civic LX, ordered like a day before me, got VIN before mine, and got an ETA much earlier than mine. His was supposed to arrive at the Oakland Dealership by 30th May, but got pushed & pushed. Mine came earlier than his. So it's quite strange how this all works. But good luck to you :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts