11th Gen Civic Forum banner
241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's odd they didn't give a date. I was at the dealer on a Saturday...and by Tuesday I had dates for build and delivery. I still have my doubts it will be in time but I am excited for the day I get the call! I was be calling in sick for sure 😄
And ya the 2023 order season will be here before we know it so if 2022s aren't fulfilled, I'd wonder how that plays out.
I have been to the dealer a few times and asked for an update.The salesperson i deal with seems to shrug me off saying he is too busy with a customer to help me.This happens every time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been to the dealer a few times and asked for an update.The salesperson i deal with seems to shrug me off saying he is too busy with a customer to help me.This happens every time.
This sounds terrible. Imagine if they have this kind of attitude even before you get the car, the customer service after you receive the car will probably be even worse. If I were you I would look for way to get deposit back and go to another dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This sounds terrible. Imagine if they have this kind of attitude even before you get the car, the customer service after you receive the car will probably be even worse. If I were you I would look for way to get deposit back and go to another dealer.
That's always how dealers have been though. They don't call em Stealerships for no reason. There's not much margin on the car itself, especially for economy brands so they make the majority of $ on post-sales service.

I invite you to watch the YAA Channel. Really good tips from a former car sales manager and his son at many brands.

Especially in 2022. No inventory and the Japanese mfgs don't have any idea how to do allocations.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ask to talk with the manager and request another salesman. They can't be "busy". There are basically no cars on the lots to sell! lol

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
84 Posts
Fortunately, once the car is sold, you pretty much never have to talk to a salesperson again, so the rest of the experience is all about the service department! And my heart goes out to the salespeople, they can't possibly be making a living with no cars to sell. It must be completely depressing. That said, I'm working with a sales guy 750 miles away from me, because he has a can-do attitude!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My sales guy just emailed me. No updates from Honda . I emailed back and said get me a build date and eta damn it . LOL
LOL. If they have one on order for you or have your name on one of their allotment orders they have a planned build week. Could that get pushed out by Honda.... yes. If they can't give you a planned build date I would just tell them you are going elsewhere and find another Honda dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My sales guy just emailed me. No updates from Honda . I emailed back and said get me a build date and eta damn it . LOL
She told me this Saturday I’m going to wait until then to see what’s up. Honestly I think things have changed in the last month and they really have no idea. Supply chains are super fucked and I’m pretty sure you won’t get an allocated date from any dealerships unless they lie. They all want to sell cars at the end of the day if they knew what was going on they would tell you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
She told me this Saturday I’m going to wait until then to see what’s up. Honestly I think things have changed in the last month and they really have no idea. Supply chains are super fucked and I’m pretty sure you won’t get an allocated date from any dealerships unless they lie. They all want to sell cars at the end of the day if they knew what was going on they would tell you.
The dealers get a report every Monday with the estimated build week of all of the dealers orders. For orders/allocations that haven't been accepted yet I am sure that is another story. However, once the order has been accepted by the assembly plant they keep the dealers updated based on the factory build schedule. Anyway,.... hopefully you get a good update.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealers get a report every Monday with the estimated build week of all of the dealers orders. For orders/allocations that haven't been accepted yet I am sure that is another story. However, once the order has been accepted by the assembly plant they keep the dealers updated based on the factory build schedule. Anyway,.... hopefully you get a good update.
Thanks I appreciate that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ask to talk with the manager and request another salesman. They can't be "busy". There are basically no cars on the lots to sell! lol
Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm tracking over 30 pre-sold cars in my pipeline perpetually every month. I update customers at least once per week as well as selling new or pre-owned cars. I'm plenty busy, it's just a different kind of busy. I'm sure other sales people are experiencing this too. Getting all over your accessories you want for your new car early enough that they will be in stock when the car is built is a challenge too. Just ask anyone who's waiting for a hatch spoiler and black emblems...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm tracking over 30 pre-sold cars in my pipeline perpetually every month. I update customers at least once per week as well as selling new or pre-owned cars. I'm plenty busy, it's just a different kind of busy. I'm sure other sales people are experiencing this too. Getting all over your accessories you want for your new car early enough that they will be in stock when the car is built is a challenge too. Just ask anyone who's waiting for a hatch spoiler and black emblems...
Nice to see someone who takes care of their customers.I ordered the HPD kit after i ordered my civic.Is it normal for a salesman to update a client every month and a half. That is what is happening.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice to see someone who takes care of their customers.I ordered the HPD kit after i ordered my civic.Is it normal for a salesman to update a client every month and a half. That is what is happening.
At our store, we strive for weekly updates. Every once and a while, we trip up and miss a contact. A month and a half is unacceptable in my opinion.

241 - 260 of 263 Posts