11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Delivery misleading

32K views 283 replies 42 participants last post by  DPB 
#1 ·
I haven't received a vin or anything for my 11th gen civic ex in January. I was told it was supposed to come by March 7-12. Now that week has passed no VIN number yet no update. The dealership keeps saying they don't know what Is happening with it either. What do I do?

#2 ·
Wait? Go to another dealership?

I'm not defending Honda or your dealership, but unfortunately most of us went through the same process you did.

When i put a deposit down for mine, i was told to wait until such and such date, and when the date arrived, the car was still not there, and then about ten days later, they finally got the VIN and the car was delivered about two weeks later. In other words, i waited three months when i was told the wait would be about two months.

#5 ·
I'm in a very similar situation. Civic Sport was supposed to be built at the end of January. Then it was moved to 3-15. So I call the dealer yesterday for a update. He tells me that a component for the sensing camera is in very short supply because,wait for it. It's built in Ukraine. Now he says end of March. Anyone else hear this?

#17 ·
My story worse, deposit five months ago and have heard zilch. I stirred the pot this week and got nothing similar to an answer.

#19 ·
The VIN will be assigned by Honda when it's ready to be built (since the VIN is stamped onto locations on the car), however if you placed a factory order through the dealer then they should be able to track the status in the system (iN system) including when it's scheduled for production. So keep on the dealer asking them for an update, as they should know what the status is for any vehicles that they have allocated. Ask them to contact Honda and find out what's going for you if they can't see the status in the system. Contact the General Manager of the dealership if the salesperson can't give you an update. I deal directly with the GM at my local Honda dealership every time I order a new car, and I can tell you that when I contact him, I get answers much faster than from the salesperson.

#24 ·
Just joined the forum! I ordered my SI last week. They told me it's scheduled to be built end of May, delivery 3rd week of June. I'm in Canada. I hope it's on schedule! (seems doubtful) I'm doing a trade, which I'm continuing to drive until the car is delivered. This will be a long wait!

#52 ·
Cool to see how active this thread is! I ordered my civic sport hatch black on black with a manual transmission on the 17th and I was told that the sales person couldn’t even get me a prediction for anything. He said once he has updates he’d let me know but he said it could take around 5 months. From deposite to production, does anybody have a time frame on that for their own order?

#53 ·
I would say 5 months would be a minimum time frame for a manual. FYI: There appear to be a couple in dealer inventory that are black/black at Honda City in Bethpage, New York. There's another on order for them being built soon as well as one near the end of this month at Jeff Wyler Honda in Florence, Kentucky.

#57 ·
Well, I ordered a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring on the 1st of November 2021 I have no update whatsoever, this is getting to a point that becomes ridiculous.
As a small investor/trader I see this as a waste of money and really unfair business. They are basically getting interest-free loans out of us and getting away with it!

#59 ·
My civic hatchback sport touring in meteorite had a build date in early January and it has been getting pushed back weekly to this day...currently has a build date of this week but I'm still expecting it to get pushed back. Dealer has showed me the actual report as well. These delays are insane. Meteorite seems like the rarest color in my area too. I've seen more mauves than meteorite.

#62 ·
I signed all the paperwork for a Sport Touring Hatchback 2 weeks ago and they said the car had a VIN and was in transit but didn’t have an ETA. I checked yesterday and they still don’t have a ETA. I already went to a different dealer after waiting 2 months after I put a deposit down and watched 3 new civics come in before mine that supposedly had the earliest build date.

#72 ·
Dealer said my car will be delivered Wednesday evening (waiting for confirmation to pick up today!). Production was March 7 - 9 in Canada (based on VIN) with scheduled delivery March 16 - 20 and final delivery on 23rd. i am in Chicago suburbs and saw other posts that the car come by train to Chicago (Elwood, IL) and then trucked to the dealer. Car reached Elwood by 20th and took 3 days for a truck to transport it the last 30 miles

#74 · (Edited)
I have a deposit on my Honda Civic Sport Touring since January. Car was supposed to be delivered between March 21-25. I have been following in Transit cars on the Honda Website for several weeks and it has been showing 1 in transit to my dealership. This morning I checked and it doesn’t show any in Transit and the Vin Number I was given in Feb is showing on True Car as at dealership with a Stock Number. However, dealership says it isn’t there. Can anyone understand this?

#76 · (Edited)
I've been getting a run around too. My son ordered a Civic Hatch on 1-25. I ordered a Civic Sport the next day. To make a long story short, he was told his car was built,and on it's way. Now he was told that the car is being set on the line today. 3-25. I was told mine was being built next week, about 2 weeks ago. Now the dealer says my car is already built ,and I should get it mid April. When I actually lay my eyes on it, I'll believe it. Okiegirl,what Honda website are you lookng at?

#80 ·
Talked with dealer on Feb20, they have that particular VIN and car on website for sale. Set deals to hold the car until I could go physically to the dealer (far away) to close the deal. They said the car would be there end of Feb, was in Louisiana waiting a train freight. Finally went on beginning of March, car is delayed, will be delivered in two days. Signed paperwork, deposit of $5k, will receive a call. A full week passed, nothing, calls, complains, excuses, another week, and another week. That is ridiculous. They could not even tell me where the car is. "Oh, Honda is pushing back...", but the car is already produced and waiting transport in a parking lot in US. When I buy $1 products in China Aliexpress I can track the transportation all the way until it reaches my home... a $28k 2 tons car can't... Pathetic. Lies. Can't trust Honda Dealers anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.