11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't received a vin or anything for my 11th gen civic ex in January. I was told it was supposed to come by March 7-12. Now that week has passed no VIN number yet no update. The dealership keeps saying they don't know what Is happening with it either. What do I do?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wait? Go to another dealership?

I'm not defending Honda or your dealership, but unfortunately most of us went through the same process you did.

When i put a deposit down for mine, i was told to wait until such and such date, and when the date arrived, the car was still not there, and then about ten days later, they finally got the VIN and the car was delivered about two weeks later. In other words, i waited three months when i was told the wait would be about two months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't received a vin or anything for my 11th gen civic ex in January. I was told it was supposed to come by March 7-12. Now that week has passed no VIN number yet no update. The dealership keeps saying they don't know what Is happening with it either. What do I do?
I'm in a very similar situation. Civic Sport was supposed to be built at the end of January. Then it was moved to 3-15. So I call the dealer yesterday for a update. He tells me that a component for the sensing camera is in very short supply because,wait for it. It's built in Ukraine. Now he says end of March. Anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in a very similar situation. Civic Sport was supposed to be built at the end of January. Then it was moved to 3-15. So I call the dealer yesterday for a update. He tells me that a component for the sensing camera is in very short supply because,wait for it. It's built in Ukraine. Now he says end of March. Anyone else hear this?
Haven't heard anything of that sort, hopefully we get our cars soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Civic sport hatchback has a 3/26 production date. Last week I was told by the dealer that no delays were expected. Are you in OK SoonerCivic?

·
Registered
38 Posts
You understand that reply was from American member. Even though Civic is build in Canada, USA might have preferred status vs. domestic market.
Yeah, i should have included that in my comment but i wasn't that far off. Just look around this community and virtually everyone is waiting much longer than promised to get their Civics.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring, Boost Blue
115 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
If anyone on the forum works for a dealership up north, they could look on the Honda Interactive Network to check the status. Your sales person either doesn't have access to check daily for updates or isn't making the time to communicate to you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My story worse, deposit five months ago and have heard zilch. I stirred the pot this week and got nothing similar to an answer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The VIN will be assigned by Honda when it's ready to be built (since the VIN is stamped onto locations on the car), however if you placed a factory order through the dealer then they should be able to track the status in the system (iN system) including when it's scheduled for production. So keep on the dealer asking them for an update, as they should know what the status is for any vehicles that they have allocated. Ask them to contact Honda and find out what's going for you if they can't see the status in the system. Contact the General Manager of the dealership if the salesperson can't give you an update. I deal directly with the GM at my local Honda dealership every time I order a new car, and I can tell you that when I contact him, I get answers much faster than from the salesperson.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts