11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a little more sound from my new Civic and noticed the drivers side muffler is on a flange. I removed it and was actually very happy with the sound without the muffler. I’m fabbing up a tailpipe to replace the muffler with but can post some sound clips tomorrow if anyone is interested. I will probably leave the stock resonators. I’ll give it a week or so but plan on changing the exhaust from the resonator back to 2.5 inch pipe and going with single exhaust.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m almost positive there isn’t a system developed as of right now. It will be custom. I was honestly surprised how good this car sounds just removing a muffler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I liked the sound but was getting some dreaded droning. Cut out the straight section of round pipe behind the resonator and added a magnaflow straight “muffler”. Cut the other muffler out and had a buddy bend me some tail pipes. Decided to trim the bumper for some tips to come out and am very happy with the sound. Not obnoxiously loud but sounds a lot better than the whisper quiet stock mufflers.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds very good. In "D" the rpms are low enough you barely hear noise above stock. When you're accelerating it sounds aggressive but not annoyingly loud and buzzy. In "S" with the higher revs it is louder in the car but still not annoying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts