11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently daily drive a BMW M340 and I’m looking into getting a second car for my daily commute. I am looking at the 22’ Civic and currently debating between the EX and Touring models. I’m not really after any specific features as this will be a daily for commuting purposes primarily. I know for $3600 more over the EX, you get leather seats, Bose system, bigger displays etc but not sure if it’s worth the extra given the current car I have has all that … Decisions decisions (Also a bummer that you have to get the Touring model to get power seats and parking sensors in 2022) What are y’all’s opinions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2017 Audi A4 and I went with the touring model without even a second’s thought. If you are like me and you like the refined aspects of German engineering, you’re gonna want to go with the top end and will appreciate the added touches the touring offers. Yes while your BMW has many of the same options, driving the touring as a daily won’t make you feel like you bought a cheap dependable car, even though you did. Just my two cents. I love the touring, and even though the A4 knocks it out of the park in just about every way, there are actually a few things I prefer in the civic instead that I wouldn’t have gotten in a lower trim.

·
Super Moderator
205 Posts
I can’t afford 2 cars so I am parting out my 2013 328 and picking up a touring model. BMW is paid off so it all goes towards the civic. Driving 90 plus a day just to get to work and back is just to much for the BMW IMO.

Touring offers a lot of the same stuff the BMW has as far as convenience and has a few more. I know I wouldn’t be happy with any thing less and I would want to dump money into mods and I don’t want have to do much to the touring to make it exactly how I want it.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
87 Posts
Decisions decisions
Can your bank account afford a $3600 increase for all those features and options you are particular with? Really, it's the $$$ that will make your "Decisions, decisions".

What are y’all’s opinions?
I would say get the Touring because if this car is going to be your daily driving vehicle, you want to have some car quality equivalency to your BMW M340 which I must say is a fabulous vehicle as well. Your fun to drive & play car M340 has every possible luxury & sports tuned refinement but your daily work car shouldn't be neglected without all those somewhat similar features as well. It's like Bruce Wayne will his Lamborghini during the day but Batman with his Batmobile in the evening. 😆😆😆

·
Registered
3 Posts
I currently daily drive a BMW M340 and I’m looking into getting a second car for my daily commute. I am looking at the 22’ Civic and currently debating between the EX and Touring models. I’m not really after any specific features as this will be a daily for commuting purposes primarily. I know for $3600 more over the EX, you get leather seats, Bose system, bigger displays etc but not sure if it’s worth the extra given the current car I have has all that … Decisions decisions (Also a bummer that you have to get the Touring model to get power seats and parking sensors in 2022) What are y’all’s opinions?
I know it’s a tough decision , I recently purchased a pearl white 2022 ex Im in NY state not much to choose from here the cars are very scarce at this time . I do wish I had the Bose with the bigger screen , the manual seat adjusts real good , the power seat was not a deal breaker for me no one else ever drives my car and I really like cloth Interior after all it’s still just a civic with an adequate 180hp .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can your bank account afford a $3600 increase for all those features and options you are particular with? Really, it's the $$$ that will make your "Decisions, decisions".

I would say get the Touring because if this car is going to be your daily driving vehicle, you want to have some car quality equivalency to your BMW M340 which I must say is a fabulous vehicle as well. Your fun to drive & play car M340 has every possible luxury & sports tuned refinement but your daily work car shouldn't be neglected without all those somewhat similar features as well. It's like Bruce Wayne will his Lamborghini during the day but Batman with his Batmobile in the evening. 😆😆😆
Good point good point.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I know it’s a tough decision , I recently purchased a pearl white 2022 ex Im in NY state not much to choose from here the cars are very scarce at this time . I do wish I had the Bose with the bigger screen , the manual seat adjusts real good , the power seat was not a deal breaker for me no one else ever drives my car and I really like cloth Interior after all it’s still just a civic with an adequate 180hp .
Welcome to the forum @Honda 4 life!

Do you see yourself possibly upgrading to the Touring sometime in the future?

Add your Civic to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry and the Platinum White Pearl color thread. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Add your Civic to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry and the Platinum White Pearl color thread. :)
Probably not I really like this EX except for the base radio , my car was about $26k usd I could have bought a 2021 Acura ILX the base is $27475 the premium pkg is $29475 and they dealing on the 21’s which is more inline with the 2022 civic touring pkg for price however the ILX a 2019 body style . The Ex 2022 Civic is only few thousand more than a base Lx , but your getting the beautiful 17”wheels the roof & turbo it’s a great car !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts