11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would make a thread so we can have one place to talk about our dealership experiences.

For me my Bad Experience is from Honda Of Seattle.

Took my car in for a heater control back light issue. They said it was a harness. They took the dash apart replaced it. Said it didn’t fix the problem and they are calling Honda Tech to figure out the next step. Got a call the next day and they said it’s all fixed and the harness was the issue after all.

Great they fixed it and I go pick my car up.

Wrong………..First thing the SA says to me is we scuffed a panel but don’t worry we have one on order and will replace it when we replace your carpet that was damaged from factory.

I get n and my leather steering wheel has a scuff mark on the bottom I can feel and the rear view mirror was not even mounted to the windshield. It was just hanging inside the plastic housing. I go back and they fix the mirror and the steering wheel as I wait.

The next day I look over the car better and notice a panel under the passenger side dash was not clipped back in so I fix that. Then I notice they damaged the center counsel, damaged a dash piece, gauge cluster plastic cover and leather shift knob cover as well.

Took them a week to answer my email after I called several times and never once talked to anyone. They have ordered all the replacement parts but now I will have to let them take my car apart again to replace all the parts they damaged.

After all this I feel like my original issue was not the harness and it was just a fuse issue like every one else says there fix for the same issue is. I feel like they lied to me about what the fix was because they didn’t want to admit they took apart my dash and damaged several parts when they didn’t have to.

We will see what happens and I am stuck with them to replace all the parts. But after this I will never take my car back there again. I will try Honda Of Fife.

This is what they ordered.

Shifter cover
Passenger side center console cover
Dash garnish on driver side (by steering wheel)
Meter visor assembly (gauge cover)
Drivers lower B-pillar cover
Cabin carpet

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thought I would make a thread so we can have one place to talk about our dealership experiences.

For me my Bad Experience is from Honda Of Seattle.

Took my car in for a heater control back light issue. They said it was a harness. They took the dash apart replaced it. Said it didn’t fix the problem and they are calling Honda Tech to figure out the next step. Got a call the next day and they said it’s all fixed and the harness was the issue after all.

Great they fixed it and I go pick my car up.

Wrong………..First thing the SA says to me is we scuffed a panel but don’t worry we have one on order and will replace it when we replace your carpet that was damaged from factory.

I get n and my leather steering wheel has a scuff mark on the bottom I can feel and the rear view mirror was not even mounted to the windshield. It was just hanging inside the plastic housing. I go back and they fix the mirror and the steering wheel as I wait.

The next day I look over the car better and notice a panel under the passenger side dash was not clipped back in so I fix that. Then I notice they damaged the center counsel, damaged a dash piece, gauge cluster plastic cover and leather shift knob cover as well.

Took them a week to answer my email after I called several times and never once talked to anyone. They have ordered all the replacement parts but now I will have to let them take my car apart again to replace all the parts they damaged.

After all this I feel like my original issue was not the harness and it was just a fuse issue like every one else says there fix for the same issue is. I feel like they lied to me about what the fix was because they didn’t want to admit they took apart my dash and damaged several parts when they didn’t have to.

We will see what happens and I am stuck with them to replace all the parts. But after this I will never take my car back there again. I will try Honda Of Fife.

This is what they ordered.

Shifter cover
Passenger side center console cover
Dash garnish on driver side (by steering wheel)
Meter visor assembly (gauge cover)
Drivers lower B-pillar cover
Cabin carpet
—————-this is how every dealer is…no one cares. good luck and best of luck to you. I think you will continue to find things they have caused.

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sucks! I think I found another couple of things today but don’t think I can prove it was them.

I did file a claim with Honda of America. They left me a message saying they are looking into the multiple issues I am having and will contact me see on with what the next steps are. Don’t know if anything will come of it but you never know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So far both my dealership issues regarding my 2022 Civic are PDI related. I had the climate control backlighting issue that was caused by not installing a fuse during PDI, and just yesterday I noticed the dealer never installed the 4 body plugs under the car during the PDI. I called the dealer and they said they will get back to me once they have the plugs in stock and they will install them. The advisor on the phone also questioned if I had bought the car there or not. I guess if I hadn't, he was going to tell me to kick rocks. Years ago I had a dealer destroy the plastic seat trim on my Acura TLX. The car was in for a bad seat motor and a clicking noise coming from the B pillar. They had the car for about a week and the dealership was 100 miles from home. They called me on a Saturday to tell me the car is finished, but I couldn't pick it up because I was working. The Acura dealer was closed on Sunday so they left the car and keys at the open Honda dealer next door. As soon as I opened my drivers door, I knew what kind of dealer I was dealing with. Seat trim was cracked and hanging off. When I started the car the radio was near max volume. That made sense why on the paperwork they listed the clicking B pillar as " TECH COULD NOT DUPLICATE ISSUE". Its hard to hear clicks and rattles with the radio's volume is at max. I documented everything and had the dealer come pick up that car at my house weeks later and drop me a loaner. They had the car for a day and brought it back to me. Ohh and for the clicking B pillar, I broke out my set of thin wrenches, and tightened the bolt that holds the set belt anchor to the body of the car and the clicking stopped.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have any documents or links to the PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION REGARDING THE CIVIC BODY PLUGS THAT THEY LEFT OUT OF YOUR CAR….the Acura dealer also left that out of mine and with my new civic, god knows it is noisy enough already, and the body plugs whose absence contributes to road noice is especially needed…dealers can really be skank and leave it to us to ensure they do any job they can possibly slack on…thx so much

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What and where are these body plugs you are talking about? At these point I am surprised my car had the wheels on it when I picked it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have any documents or links to the PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION REGARDING THE CIVIC BODY PLUGS THAT THEY LEFT OUT OF YOUR CAR….the Acura dealer also left that out of mine and with my new civic, god knows it is noisy enough already, and the body plugs whose absence contributes to road noice is especially needed…dealers can really be skank and leave it to us to ensure they do any job they can possibly slack on…thx so much
Yes I checked the check list. Everything is checked off. It looks like a high school exam that was completed by someone who didn't bother to study. .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to get part numbers and info specific to the 2020 civic… so that I could show the dealer. Everyone should check this !

Here is a screenshot from the 2016 civic showing the body plugs… The body plugs are omitted by the manufacturer during shipping so that the car can be anchored during shipping… The plug should then be installed by the dealer to prevent road noise, corrosion and close the seals needed by the anchors… See pic. Of course, the dealer save money and time by not doing this and because it is out of sight, they get away with it most of the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was just about to make a thread bitching about the road noise and how unacceptably loud it is in the cabin, when the road isn’t absolutely perfectly smooth. Seriously been frustrated about this, since my ‘17 WRX is quieter than this car, which it absolutely should not be. I found this thread, so I started fingering around the plug hole areas and wouldn’t you know it, the wankstain that did my PDI did not install them. Probably used them as buttplugs, since I can’t find them. Going to see if I can source them. Hopefully I can return with a part number.

Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille Vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a bad experience with Meyer Honda (now Serra Honda) in O Fallon, IL. First problem was having a recall done on my '09 Fit. Valve springs were to be replaced for the recall. I get the car back and I couldn't hear the radio because the valves were too loose. I take it back and they are like ok we will fix it. I get it back and still loud. Try again, still loud. They obviously had no clue how to adjust valves. I watched a YouTube video and did it on a Saturday morning and it was fine. I tried to buy a car for my wife there and they would not give her the new grad discount after I had already put money down to reserve the car. I would never go there again. I got my money back and went to St Louis and they gave us the discount, no questions asked. St Louis Munganast was great. That new Civic I bought needed warranty work and they were very professional and gave us a loaner, no questions asked. Would go there again for sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Okay ya'll, I think I found the part number.

90851-S3V-A00

Going to purchase 4 of them and hopefully it works out. Also, I am here for the fuck the dealership vibes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts