11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not like dealers to put stickers or metal plates on the back of my new car, advertising their dealership. Have any of you asked the dealership not to put stickers or metal plates on the back of your new car -- or to remove those if they are already there? Are the Honda dealers generally willing to do that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I asked mine to leave it debadged and they accommodated. It was easier in my case because I was buying one that hadn't even arrived yet, so they just needed to not do the work of putting it on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have that dealer advertising removed from every car that I purchase… It’s just free advertising for the dealership and most times I am dissatisfied with their techniques and service to start with. Either way if they use my car to advertise I should be compensated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do have a dealership badge on mine - is it something that can be removed free of charge? If not, can it be pricey/risky?

Wouldn't want to chip the paint given what I've heard of the thin paint coatings on these Civics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do have a dealership badge on mine - is it something that can be removed free of charge? If not, can it be pricey/risky?

Wouldn't want to chip the paint given what I've heard of the thin paint coatings on these Civics.
Took mine off with a hair dryer

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
62 Posts
I do not like dealers to put stickers or metal plates on the back of my new car, advertising their dealership. Have any of you asked the dealership not to put stickers or metal plates on the back of your new car -- or to remove those if they are already there? Are the Honda dealers generally willing to do that?
I always remove them. This time around the dealer had to remove it to install my HPD package, due to them placing it where the spoiler goes. They did not install a new one after so I was happy. They are usually easy to remove with some 90% alcohol after removing the decal itself to remove glue residue. I had one from a dealer recently that was stainless steel and it was a beast to remove. I had to use a razor blade to get under every letter.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
I only have it on the plate frames. It does not bother me much.
Same here. Most of the dealers in my area use plate frames on the new cars, they might use the emblems on used cars though. I've thankfully never had to deal with an unwanted decal/emblem from a dealership in my area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup you can ask them to take it off before u pick up your car from them which is what I did. I didn’t know I could before until my gf pops told me it was possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yep! I had a deposit on mine the day that it arrived they called me and I immediately told her not to put any badging on it/dealer logo and rear or license plate on front and she very kindly oh you showed me she would let them know. I did get the branded license plate holder around the tag, but that was off as soon as I got home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just called my dealer and asked if they could remove the sticker for me (I received the car a month ago). He agreed and I'm bringing the car in on Friday to have them remove the sticker at the dealership.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just called my dealer and asked if they could remove the sticker for me (I received the car a month ago). He agreed and I'm bringing the car in on Friday to have them remove the sticker at the dealership.
Is it a sticker or a badge? I'd love to have my badge removed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heat gun or hair dryer will get the sticker off. Same for the badges. Fishing line also works for the badges. You’ll need some Goo-gone afterwards for a nice clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
I think I was able to sidestep them doing this because I bought mine before it was delivered to the dealership…only thing they did was, I had them tent my windows and they put a little dealership sticker on the front drivers side window. Kind of annoying but it is what it is I guess.

but yeah, the logo was always something I hated, especially since if you took it off the tape was left behind.

they did put license plate frame on the front and back though. Took those off immediately haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Took the car to the dealership today, a month after purchase. They were happy to remove the sticker for me when I asked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts