11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having rattle issues under the dashboard? It Seems to have a rattle about 50% of the time, seems to be furthest back behind the steering wheel, right under the windshield. Rattle stops when pressure is applied on top of the dashboard right under windshield. Also center dash/honeycomb vent is creaking an cracking like crazy, especially when hitting bumps (even minor ones). Don't even get my started when the heat is on, constant creaking/cracking every second while heat is running.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
26 Posts
I have a rattle on my hatchback but it seems to be coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. There is a TSB out for Touring and Sport Touring model for crackling/popping noises around the center display. The fix is to remove the touch screen and apply felt to the bottom of the screen. I'm having that done on mine soon so I'll let you know if that is the fix for mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a rattle on my hatchback but it seems to be coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. There is a TSB out for Touring and Sport Touring model for crackling/popping noises around the center display. The fix is to remove the touch screen and apply felt to the bottom of the screen. I'm having that done on mine soon so I'll let you know if that is the fix for mine.
Where can I find the link to the recall?

·
Registered
2022 honda civic ex
1 Posts
Anyone have a rattle to the left of the steering wheel? I can’t figure out where it’s coming from but it’s happening when I am on rougher roads. Driving me nuts.
Hi. I have the same issue with my EX ever since I drove it out from the dealership. At first I thought it was coming from underneath the steering wheel or the speaker on driver door.
But I'm pretty sure it's coming from the door itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else having rattle issues under the dashboard? It Seems to have a rattle about 50% of the time, seems to be furthest back behind the steering wheel, right under the windshield. Rattle stops when pressure is applied on top of the dashboard right under windshield. Also center dash/honeycomb vent is creaking an cracking like crazy, especially when hitting bumps (even minor ones). Don't even get my started when the heat is on, constant creaking/cracking every second while heat is running.
have you found a fix for this? it sounds like mine cracks or pops in center dash from screen or honeycomb vents like you said. should I can honda and make an appointment for them to come look at it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever have this fixed and did it solve the issue with noises!? Mine needs done

·
Registered
235 Posts
I found another source of rattles.
It’s the honeycomb grill trim in the centre dashboard. I was gently tapping on my grill trim piece by the passenger area and I could reproduce the faint but annoying rattle noise.
As a fix I took a small tiny piece of form and stuck it between the honeycomb grill plate and the trim board which holds it in place. You only need a small tiny piece and use a thin credit card or your finger nail to ram it in.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
124 Posts
It’s the honeycomb grill trim in the centre dashboard. I was gently tapping on my grill trim piece by the passenger area and I could reproduce the faint but annoying rattle noise.
As a fix I took a small tiny piece of form and stuck it between the honeycomb grill plate and the trim board which holds it in place. You only need a small tiny piece and use a thin credit card or your finger nail to ram it in. View attachment 8883
Lordy, I dread having to dust and detail that stuff!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a fix I took a small tiny piece of form and stuck it between the honeycomb grill plate and the trim board which holds it in place. You only need a small tiny piece and use a thin credit card or your finger nail to ram it in. View attachment 8883
Did you remove the honeycomb and apply foam to the inside?
Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
16 Posts
So I just took a trip from Miami to ATL and man... there was a lot of rattle in that 1500 miles round trip. There was a loud rattle on the seat belt area I never heard of until now. It only happens when I have my sunroof open. Once I close the sunroof, no rattle in that area. There is another rattle around the left side driver area, do not know where exactly it is. And finally, the radio rattle. I know there is a TSB on it but I never experienced that rattle until this road trip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts