11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas/thought how to install dash cam in Civic 2022. Do not like wires going all over the dashboard...
Same question for back cam.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is something car manufacturers should really pay more attention to. It would have been so incredibly easy to put a tiny dumb power outlet on the back of the mirror, or the the back of infotainment center, or overhead console.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for mentioning back of the mirror...! If rear view mirror has power coming to it, maybe some DIY work will be able to patch into incoming 12V?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The car is probably pre-wired for the auto-dimming mirror, and if you don't have one all you probably need to do is pop the overhead cover and find where it is supposed to be plugged in. If you are lucky it's even a standard connector of the kind you can get for a few dollars on ebay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@HondaEh I just figure out my dash cam situation. I literally just installed it today, and like you, I HATE an obstructed view and dont like the wires or big obvious cameras on the front windshield. I am. going to post the video I just made showing it off, let me know what you think!! It is a rough video with no edits because I am not a creator but I am hoping I can inspire on of my fellow 11th gen owners out there. The whole job took about 2 hours of my time with the longest part of it being finding places to hide the wires. Below is the link to the video. If you have any questions, please ask!
The products I used:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts