11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anywhere here go all out on their car washing and use a DA polisher to correct swirls on their other vehicles?

obviously with this car still being so new they are minimal. But in the future. I am extra careful with the way I wash my car to minimize swirls but they are still inevitable.

anyways, I measured the paint thickness yesterday and the car’s paint is thin. The hood is INSANELY thin. 65-70 micrometers compares to the rest around 90.

Looking for some feedback from other members of this forum! Thanks!

· Registered
16 Posts
I actually just did a full wash, decontamination, and DA polish on mine for a ceramic coating. I’ve hand washed the car since I’ve had it (got it in April of 22) and didn’t even bother with compound. The polish just took all of the light scratches off with ease.

Here’s a couple of pics I took today, about 48 hours after I coated it. Ignore the wheels, those are being taken off and coated next, didn’t bother washing them this time!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
454 Posts
Hood is aluminum.

If the car is factory fresh and the dealer hasn't wrecked it by running it through a car wash before delivery, there really shouldn't that many swirls that you need to compound. A light polish with a foam pad should take out most of the love marks. There's a few slight imperfections that you'll see when spending so much time with the paint (like a few paint runs or a bubble on a corner here and there) but it's expected as this isn't Porsche or Ferrari money (which is still common apparently...but I haven't touched either of those - going by what Larry AMMO NYC says)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts