11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Civic was my first car and it's going to be my son's first as well. We live in MA and need to be 16 1/2 to drive a car here so target date for ownership is May 2022.

Couple of questions:
1. Planning on a white hatchback with spoiler and was thinking of the Sport model mostly from reading about oil dilution issues with the 10th generation turbo in the EX/EX-L models. The EX-L might be preferable for the leather seats and heated ones too since we live in MA.
2. Any advice on when to look/buy in hopes of getting one for a little less than MSRP but not waiting so long that I can't surprise him with the new car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the forum @CalAlum

You can get around oil dilution by just changing the oil more often after the initial break in period, and better oil.
Did you get a chance to test Sport and Touring versions of the Sedan? It might help here.

Negotiating with more dealers as soon as you can should help to find ones that can go under MSRP.
You might not have to wait all that long, if at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wait until closer to May; as inventory comes onto the lots the dealer asking prices should come down from MSRP+(++).

Not sure if "below MSRP" will happen by then (it might); that would require going back to there being more Civics on lots than buyers, hard to say if that will be true just yet.

My prediction is that supply will still be short (versus historical levels) for some time, I think, so getting for less than MSRP will be tough; but it will certainly be higher than right now, LOL, where dealers are going nuts squeezing people who want to be first on the road with one of these.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm getting the first 2022 hatchback sport touring from my dealership for MSRP with zero dealer add-ons and no mark-up. So perhaps not every dealership is trying to gouge?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm getting the first 2022 hatchback sport touring from my dealership for MSRP with zero dealer add-ons and no mark-up. So perhaps not every dealership is trying to gouge?
What's MSRP if you don't mind me asking? I got quoted $30,810 for MSRP on the Sport Touring Sonic Gray. Wanted to see if that's higher or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's MSRP
With destination and other fees included or without? Its quoted as $29,400 on the Honda site. Otherwise it would be a market adjustment by $1,400, correct? Just trying to get my numbers straight before the dealership portion of the purchase.

·
Registered
70 Posts
With destination and other fees included or without? Its quoted as $29,400 on the Honda site. Otherwise it would be a market adjustment by $1,400, correct? Just trying to get my numbers straight before the dealership portion of the purchase.
MSRP inclusive of destination

Honda's web page for building/configuring a 2022 Civic Hatchback:

Build a Sport Touring, either 6MT or CVT (same MSRP), click "summary" in the upper right where it says "29,795 MSRP*"

The asterisk adds the destination charges, bringing it to a "Total MSRP" of $30,810

(and if you are so unlucky or so impatient as to be unable to avoid them, any other dealer markup crapola)

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
your best option in this market is a trade in. I just ordered the same model otd $27,567 without any trade in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah MSRP + destination which was 30,810 as above. Going to be about 3k in taxes here as well + registration/licensing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts