If anyone is considering buying the new Civic from Costco, here's some good tips to remember when buying from the Costco Auto Program.
- You don't buy from Costco, they outsource to a third party. You can reach out to Costco Auto for questions but you don't deal with them directly when it comes to your car, you will be purchasing from a dealer approved by Costco.
- Costco authorizes one dealership per brand in a designated area. So you can be limited to your options depending on where you live. You can go to another branded dealer and ask for the same price or you can call Costco Autos for the name of the dealer in another region (you can still go to any dealer for servicing).
- Non Costco dealers can offer the “Costco price” even though they are not Costco authorized.
- There won't be any haggling. When you deal with Costco you'll get a "no haggle price" on your car.
- You can walk away at any time. When a dealer contacts you don't feel pressured to buy.
- Do your research! Even though you're going through this program you still need to be informed about your car, what to look for, and what the purchasing process is like.