11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know not directly civic related. But I'm a huge fan of the idea of Honda bringing back the CR-Z sport hybrid as a new FWD coupe/hatch option to replace the civic coupe. FWD sport coupes have been a huge part of Honda's legacy, CRX, Prelude, Civic Coupe, Integra/RSX, etc. I'm an illustrator and graphic designer professionally. So I decided to mock up a concept sketch of a new CR-Z as well as a detailed spec/trim sheet just for fun.

Honda re-purchased the trademark for the CR-Z right before they officially cancelled the civic coupe. My hope is that someday, we will see a more sport focused 2 or 3 door model from honda that would compete head to head with the likes of the Veloster, GR86, and BRZ in the compact sport segment. The civic coupe was always a half hearted attempt due to it's relation to the civic sedan which had to be built with a focus on mass market appeal, and easy to drive/use configurations that ultimately held the coupe back from being a true sport compact in many ways. A new CR-Z could throw out much of the civic's size, weight, mass market appeal in favor of a form over function style with focus on performance and dynamics.

Again, these are my drawings and my spec sheet. Enjoy them. But they're in no way official honda materials.

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Product Black Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
643 Posts
Given Honda's commitment to selling only EVs by 2040 and how much EV and hybrid tech has developed since the first gen CRZ ended I think it's a solid idea for them to bring it back. I can see it as the performance focused sibling to the Honda e.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prelude over CR-X/Z
Oh I did a full spec concept of the Prelude as well, just didn't do an associated concept drawing with the specs, so I didn't bother posting it.

To each his own, if it were up to me honda would offer both options along with a new S2000. But the prelude was always on the larger side of the sports car market (being based off of the accord coupe) and my personal tastes lean towards smaller more light weight offerings. In my specs the prelude would compete more closely with the mustang and camaro being a RWD or AWD mid size sports car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts