11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoyed this Civic Si vs Civic Type R video.

I think it's always underrated that when you get to a high performance machine, just a small amount of added performance costs a lot more money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found another good comparison between these two

"The Honda Civic Type R is awesome, in every way. It can and will be a daily driver for many people, even married fathers of two—both car seats fit fine. I just don’t think I’m mature enough to handle one every day. Even my Mustang GT, which is far faster, doesn’t incite as much antisocial (read: awesome) driving.
Now if I were to best-of-both-worlds it, I would like the Civic hatchback four-door body with the Si engine output, sans-wing. Then I’d have the best shape, the best cargo space, and a damn good engine without the constant temptation of never slowing down for a turn, which the Type R can do. As it stands, the Si makes the most sense, mostly because of the $12K price difference, not to mention what it would probably cost me in the future. But that’s now.
Try to catch me 15 years from now, I’ll be the middle-aged guy in a super-high-winged Type R, blaming my poor middle-aged eyes for not seeing that 45 mpg suggested speed sign around that hairpin."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts