11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so Honda has said the sedan won't have a manual.
But they also said the Si WILL have a manual.

Historically there has been an Si Sedan.

So... will the Si sedan have a manual??????????

This I gotta know...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know but it seems like the Si doesn't sell well with the manual. I pointed out that an automatic option (in addition to manual) might be good to boost sales to some fellow enthusiasts but I got name called a variety of things for suggesting the possibility.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This question keeps me up at night too. I'm not sure I'm going to like the hatchback look on the SI. I hope I'm wrong about that but so far would prefer an SI Sedan (manual transmission) with the same level of finish as the Touring but sportier looking with a small spoiler and lower trim.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This question keeps me up at night too. I'm not sure I'm going to like the hatchback look on the SI. I hope I'm wrong about that but so far would prefer an SI Sedan (manual transmission) with the same level of finish as the Touring but sportier looking with a small spoiler and lower trim.
Based on what I'm hearing now I'm getting more confident that the Si Sedan will get a stick-shift. Otherwise they are just being cruel.

I'll keep my fingers crossed here.

And welcome to the forum @Billylyle1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Based on what I'm hearing now I'm getting more confident that the Si Sedan will get a stick-shift. Otherwise they are just being cruel.

I'll keep my fingers crossed here.

And welcome to the forum @Billylyle1
Thanks for your response St00k, I hope you're right!

I've never owned a hatchback as I think they don't look sporty enough. Last year I sold my really nice condition '01 Prelude SE with manual transmission and have been missing ripping around in a zippy Honda. I'm hoping the new SI is a worthy upgrade as I've never owned a Civic.

Anyway, I'm seriously addicted to researching the '22 and I think I just found the jackpot site for new info!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
OK, so Honda has said the sedan won't have a manual.
But they also said the Si WILL have a manual.

Historically there has been an Si Sedan.

So... will the Si sedan have a manual??????????

This I gotta know...
So long as there’s a sedan Si there will be a manual

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks for your response St00k, I hope you're right!

I've never owned a hatchback as I think they don't look sporty enough. Last year I sold my really nice condition '01 Prelude SE with manual transmission and have been missing ripping around in a zippy Honda. I'm hoping the new SI is a worthy upgrade as I've never owned a Civic.

Anyway, I'm seriously addicted to researching the '22 and I think I just found the jackpot site for new info!
Welcome @Billylyle1

Did you get a chance to test drive the tenth generation Civic Si?
If not, I suggest you do.

Regular Civic models already share a lot with the outgoing model and the Si should too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome @Billylyle1

Did you get a chance to test drive the tenth generation Civic Si?
If not, I suggest you do.

Regular Civic models already share a lot with the outgoing model and the Si should too.
Hey Hondapwr, I haven't test driven one but have watched some videos (Raiti's Rides has a good one) and they look like fun.

I think they're pretty hard to find so I doubt I'll be able to test drive one at a dealership but I'll keep searching.

Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hey Hondapwr, I haven't test driven one but have watched some videos (Raiti's Rides has a good one) and they look like fun.

I think they're pretty hard to find so I doubt I'll be able to test drive one at a dealership but I'll keep searching.

Thanks for the response!
Raiti Rides sure provides great value.

Good point. Any specs you hope to see in the 11th Civic Si?

Check out our rumor mill :D Let the Civic Si rumors start

·
Registered
24 Posts
Raiti Rides sure provides great value.

Good point. Any specs you hope to see in the 11th Civic Si?

Check out our rumor mill :D Let the Civic Si rumors start
I think they should not have cloth seats. Black leather seats with red SI on the headrest or body of chair would be good. I'm not a fan of the red seats of the type R although I'm sure they provide the rigidity one would need to race on a track. I want all the performance but less of the over the top styling. More horsepower is always welcome of course.

If for some reason the Civic idea doesn't work out I figure the Acura TLX type S would be a good alternative. I can thank Raitis rides for an awesome review on that one a few days ago.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd also prefer leather in the Si. Or at least as an option. And yes, the Type R's seats are ideal for the hardest-core individual, but too much for most folks. That's true of the car in general though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Billylyle1. Honda reps have said the Si is going to be manual only so that's good. but they stop short of saying if it's a hatch, sedan or both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Billylyle1. Honda reps have said the Si is going to be manual only so that's good. but they stop short of saying if it's a hatch, sedan or both.

Hey Palmer8 thanks for the info. I'm loving the idea of the SI Touring... black leather with red stitching.. no need for red seat belts. All the touring trim level finishings just more sport inspired. Exterior should just have some sporty lower trim and small spoiler. Less is more and if so, my dollars belong to Honda haha

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think they should not have cloth seats. Black leather seats with red SI on the headrest or body of chair would be good. I'm not a fan of the red seats of the type R although I'm sure they provide the rigidity one would need to race on a track. I want all the performance but less of the over the top styling. More horsepower is always welcome of course.

If for some reason the Civic idea doesn't work out I figure the Acura TLX type S would be a good alternative. I can thank Raitis rides for an awesome review on that one a few days ago.
How about a mix of leather and fabric like what's on the outgoing Si?

Some automakers do exactly that and it not only looks cool but is also functional. Too much leather in the wrong places on a sporty car will have you sliding around in your seat.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Some automakers do exactly that and it not only looks cool but is also functional. Too much leather in the wrong places on a sporty car will have you sliding around in your seat.
As long as it's not some kind of Alcantara-like material I'm fine with that. I find that kind of materials wears so quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts

@hondapwr I think you make a strong point. I'm all for the functionality of it. I just want the interior to look more mature if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
135 Posts
I wonder if the Si will get exclusive seats this time again, or if they'll just put red stitching on the normal seats and call it a day. I will say, the 10th gen Si seats would look terribly out of place in the 11th gen because it's all so tame by comparison, though as others said, keeping the seats and changing the material/pattern/color could make them fit in ok.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts