11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
There's a huge thread on the civicx forum that has a ton of great info about prepping the 10th gen Si for SCCA G-stock. The 11th gen is so similar that most of the info is still relevant to us. For example, the rear sway bars for 10th gen fits 11th no problem. There are a few other threads about prepping for other classes too. Stock class in SCCA doesn't allow much in mods (tires, shocks, one sway bar) and the Si is very competitive right out of the box.

I have been reading the thread pretty closely as I'd like to get back into autocross next year. I just ordered a 22mm Whiteline rear sway bar. Some go more extreme with bigger adjustable bars but 22mm is the go-to for most people that still need something very streetable.

·
Registered
‘22 Sonic Grey si
102 Posts
I’ve also been looking into crossing my si locally; I have a TSP tune, front strut bar, rmm, etc… Will this restrict my options? Also, do you really consider the rear sway bar that critical of an upgrade?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any one of those mods will take you out of stock class, but obviously that's no reason to not get out there. I think you'd be in STH, but not sure. It doesn't really matter when you're a newbie anyway. :) Just do it and learn and have fun. Autocrossing is 95% driver and 5% car.

A bigger rear sway bar is helpful for reducing understeer and helping the rear of the car rotate in corners. It's especially useful in autox where the corners are super tight and low-speed.

·
Registered
‘22 Sonic Grey si
102 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for the advice! I olán on entering events when our spring season starts and I get my winter tires off :)

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
36 Posts
I have DONE TO MY CIVIC SI the FOLLOWING. Titan 7 wheels, falken rt660 tires, 27Won BBK, Whiteline rear sway bar with adjustable end links, Silvers neo max coils 10k F/R w/swift springs, Front strut bar with brake brace, Ktuner w/tsp stage 1 tune, 27won rear motor mount. I haven't done autoX but I have done track day/ Streets of Willow. WAS GOOD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would recommend getting an intercooler for sure and get a turbo blanket to reduce heat in the engine bay due to you not having a ton of time to let your car cool down especially when its a warm day. The rear sway bar in my opinion is a must do to the rear of the si feels like a snake. I put a 27mm white line rear sway bar on mine (if I remember correctly its a 27) from my buddies 10th get type r and I can literally throw it in a corner and feels amazing.

·
Registered
‘22 Sonic Grey si
102 Posts
I would recommend getting an intercooler for sure and get a turbo blanket to reduce heat in the engine bay due to you not having a ton of time to let your car cool down especially when its a warm day. The rear sway bar in my opinion is a must do to the rear of the si feels like a snake. I put a 27mm white line rear sway bar on mine (if I remember correctly its a 27) from my buddies 10th get type r and I can literally throw it in a corner and feels amazing.
Now I feel like a rear sway bar is gonna be my next purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts