11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Civic production delays upcoming

80K views 667 replies 83 participants last post by  Old Pirate 
#1 ·
There will be an approximate two month period of very little to no Civic production. Like zero. Our on order report shows a handful of May/June build dates, which will very likely get pushed, and then start back up with July/August build dates. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Even our transport company stated it's getting quite thin with Honda's output. Sit tight and relax while we all go on this journey together.

#5 ·
It appears to affect all Civics, not just the sedan/Si variants built in Canada. They will likely get through their existing allocation commitments before the hiatus. I'm wondering if it's partly due to plant equipment upgrades in preparation for electrification for the new hybrids coming out later this year?

#15 ·
Market Adjustment just went up another $1K

#16 ·
My sales guy has been trying to get an order in for me. Yesterday he told me that Honda rejected the order (which he said never happens). He agreed it's probably due to the plant close down. He's been putting in a new order every couple of weeks, hoping to get something.

Truly, this is an insane way to run a car company.

It's infuriating because I literally don't see any other cars I'm at all interested in. The sad part is that my beautiful '17 hatch is never going to be worth more than it is right this minute... I've got to keep driving it, so it's value will go down, pretty significantly, in the next 6 months. Good thing I like it so much, I can enjoy the ride. I really feel for people trying to get out of some mediocre (or dangerously wearing-out) car into a new Civic.

#17 ·
It's infuriating because I literally don't see any other cars I'm at all interested in
what is your zip code, and what model, trim and color do you want? I'll see if I can find you a couple.

#18 ·
I've spent so much time looking at other cars. Audi A3...Acura ilx and tlx. I like the Honda though. Great price with every option in the SI..and manual. Manual is almost a thing of the last. Do I back out of my Honda deal and move on elsewhere...? Not a fun time to car shop, that's for sure.

#23 ·
I ordered March 15th at London Honda...delivery end of June. I just want honesty...how can they tell me 3 months when they have others already waiting longer than that who ordered before me. I will keep my options open in the meantime. I think they just like making sales. If they told me 6 months, I probably would have walked.

#31 ·
#34 ·
We put a deposit on a SGP Civic last month for a June build and a July delivery. With this news I’m guessing we may not see a car for a long time. I’ve reached out to the salesperson twice with no response. I hope they get back to me. So frustrating because this dealer doesn’t charge over MSRP and all the others around me do. I don’t want to look for something else but it’s looking like I’ll have to :(

#40 ·
I just read a post that there was an update this week from a Honda rep saying Honda isn't able to complete any civics that are currently in production. They said that if the car is in production then it won't be finished anytime soon and if it hasn't went into production it won't be going into production anytime soon.

Has anyone else heard this same news from your dealership? I guess Honda is having a hard time getting parts for these cars or something. I'll be contacting my sales person to see if they got any new news.

#52 ·
here is a picture of the turbo sedan and hatchbacks that are currently allocated to the dealership I work for. You can see the current Target Production date is still showing build dates as soon as this week.
So we can determine that production isn’t halted, just moving at a snails pace and most of these dates are probably going to continue getting pushed back.
I can confirm that we didn’t get a single new Civic allocated in May.

Font Pattern Monochrome Number Monochrome photography

#53 ·
here is a picture of the turbo sedan and hatchbacks that are currently allocated to the dealership I work for. You can see the current Target Production date is still showing build dates as soon as this week.
So we can determine that production isn’t halted, just moving at a snails pace and most of these dates are probably going to continue getting pushed back.
I can confirm that we didn’t get a single new Civic allocated in May.

View attachment 8235
Thank you so much for the info!

#58 ·
I appreciate the info Dan. These really are crazy times. It seems like the original build date seems to get pushed out about 3 months before the car is finally built and ready to ship. My original build date was in mid April. It has been pushed out a few times to May 30. I am just hopeful that it gets built by the end of June. I have loved my last two Hondas and plan on sticking with them. I saw a new sonic grey sport on the road today, freaking pretty. Some people might not like the 2022 look, but I really like the new, simple, sleek styling. 10 years and 100k miles later they will still look good and look outdated like may cars will.

#62 ·
I call my sales guy about every 10 days. Today he said they were able to put the order in (SPG Hatch Sport Touring Manual), but they have not received confirmation. (Last time I called, the order had been rejected, I presume because of the plant shut down).

When I ordered my '17 Sport Hatch, I had to wait 6 months I think, but time flies and I survived. lol. Now, not even knowing that my order is in is much more unsettling.

#63 ·
My original dealership received the car I ordered today. I bought a boost blue civic last week so a white sport touring is sitting on their lot right now waiting for a new buyer. Anyone in the Northern Illinois area want a sport touring white at msrp theres one available but might be gone soon if it hasn't been sold before this message goes out (2:40PM 5/3/2022). Hit me up ill send the sales person info.

#69 ·
As long as we keep getting told we have production dates in May and June, gotta believe some civics will be produced. Ive been watching the inventories of several dealerships near me and they have gotten a few cars delivered. Mostly sport trim and only a small number being touring trim. Several of the sport trim are just sitting on lots for days. Seems the trim people are waiting for are not what is being delivered to the dealerships. My production dates were moved to the next set of production days. I'm not sure how I want to proceed.... Keep looking until I find what I want? Wait it out? Accept a different color? I certainly don't want to take anything less than the touring trim, so I guess I'll sit back and wait, all the while stomping like a 2 year old every time I see nothing at the dealership my deposit is with.:ROFLMAO:

#76 ·
I wonder how many Hatch Touring 6MTs are being requested. Dozens? Hundreds? will it be enough to get a production slot?

It’s so bizarre that Honda doesn’t share their plans, instead of this wild guessing game. The sales people can’t live this way. And why don’t they allow orders? i assume they‘d get hundreds more orders for 6MTs if they’d allow it, because a lot of people settle for a CMT, instead of the manual they really want. People don’t mind waiting, but blindly waiting is a terrible business model.

#78 ·
I put in a order for a Black si at the beginning of April in Windsor Ontario. I have been back and forth with the assistant sales manager and she has no idea when they will even be allocated one. All I know is that I am the first in line when it available. It’s shitty but I am also not in a rush which makes my situation ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.