11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just read a post that there was an update this week from a Honda rep saying Honda isn't able to complete any civics that are currently in production. They said that if the car is in production then it won't be finished anytime soon and if it hasn't went into production it won't be going into production anytime soon.

Has anyone else heard this same news from your dealership? I guess Honda is having a hard time getting parts for these cars or something. I'll be contacting my sales person to see if they got any new news.
I look for a source but haven't found it -

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback Boost Blue
59 Posts
I look for a source but haven't found it -
Waiting on a response from my sales person about this and hoping to get an answer to either deny or prove what I read. Information about honda is so scattered and all over the place. Its hard to figure out whats true or scare tactics. My car is still delayed from what I know so I wouldn’t be surprised if this news is true.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
84 Posts
I just read a post that there was an update this week from a Honda rep saying Honda isn't able to complete any civics that are currently in production. They said that if the car is in production then it won't be finished anytime soon and if it hasn't went into production it won't be going into production anytime soon.

Has anyone else heard this same news from your dealership? I guess Honda is having a hard time getting parts for these cars or something. I'll be contacting my sales person to see if they got any new news.
Even taking my optimism into account I think it's wise to be skeptical of this. How can Honda survive as a company if it's not pumping out Civics? I think it does not. I suspect that one Honda rep has a negativity streak and maybe likes a little drama.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Waiting on a response from my sales person about this and hoping to get an answer to either deny or prove what I read. Information about honda is so scattered and all over the place. Its hard to figure out whats true or scare tactics. My car is still delayed from what I know so I wouldn’t be surprised if this news is true.
Lag, I was at a dealership earlier today, no one there knew about this shutdown, hope it's incorrect. Although you may be correct, and then during a search I didn't find any thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Even taking my optimism into account I think it's wise to be skeptical of this. How can Honda survive as a company if it's not pumping out Civics? I think it does not. I suspect that one Honda rep has a negativity streak and maybe likes a little drama.
I was a bit iffy on this news but any news is still news and im really hoping this was false news so i was wondering if anyone here can confirm or deny it or add more info they heard about. Im a bit of a nerd taking a deep dive into things like this

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lag, I was at a dealership earlier today, no one there knew about this shutdown, hope it's incorrect. Although you may be correct, and then during a search I didn't find any thing.
Im also hoping this is false especially since it seemed like a sudden stop from the previous news we heard last week. I just wanted to share any info i find or learn and hopefully figure out if its true or false and maybe help someone out whos been waiting for months.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There will be an approximate two month period of very little to no Civic production. Like zero. Our on order report shows a handful of May/June build dates, which will very likely get pushed, and then start back up with July/August build dates. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Even our transport company stated it's getting quite thin with Honda's output. Sit tight and relax while we all go on this journey together.
Ugh. Do you work at a Honda dealer? I ordered a silver EX in mid Feb with an original build of April 22, then it moved to Mid May and then again to the end of May. the good news is that it hasn't been pushed out for the last two weeks. Hopefully the date sticks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im also hoping this is false especially since it seemed like a sudden stop from the previous news we heard last week. I just wanted to share any info i find or learn and hopefully figure out if its true or false and maybe help someone out whos been waiting for months.
Hi Lag. what was the latest news that you heard?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Lag. what was the latest news that you heard?
Well last week (17-23) we learned that May and June production was delayed but March and April builds should be pushed out. This week (24-30) I read in a post that a Honda rep told a dealership that production was basically halted and all civics in production wont be coming out anytime soon and civics not in production wont be going in anytime soon. Almost all of us feel like this is false news from a Honda rep but information is scattered. I just talked to my sales person and they confirmed the May and June delays and their records are showing all their build dates during those months being delayed but they did not get any news about the production halting. My build date still stands at 4/20-4/24.

So as of now (4/27) we can confirm delays in May and June. Halted production is false but with the fast changing supply chain and issues info can change anytime. Ill try to gather more info as time goes on. If anyone has information free to add or if anyone finds something I say incorrect please correct me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
here is a picture of the turbo sedan and hatchbacks that are currently allocated to the dealership I work for. You can see the current Target Production date is still showing build dates as soon as this week.
So we can determine that production isn’t halted, just moving at a snails pace and most of these dates are probably going to continue getting pushed back.
I can confirm that we didn’t get a single new Civic allocated in May.

Font Pattern Monochrome Number Monochrome photography

·
Registered
110 Posts
here is a picture of the turbo sedan and hatchbacks that are currently allocated to the dealership I work for. You can see the current Target Production date is still showing build dates as soon as this week.
So we can determine that production isn’t halted, just moving at a snails pace and most of these dates are probably going to continue getting pushed back.

View attachment 8235
Thank you so much for the info!

·
Registered
118 Posts

View attachment 8235
Can you tell me what the "from dlr" signifies? are these specific customer orders that were placed by the dealer? for example, I went to my local dealer in late Feb and put down $500 to order my silver/blk EX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you tell me what the "from dlr" signifies? are these specific customer orders that were placed by the dealer? for example, I went to my local dealer in late Feb and put down $500 to order my silver/blk EX.
Absolutely! From DLR means “from Dealer” indicating that we received that Civic from a different dealership. So we were not originally allocated that model we traded them for it.
each Honda dealer has a unique 6 digit code so they can track where inventory is going.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I appreciate the info Dan. These really are crazy times. It seems like the original build date seems to get pushed out about 3 months before the car is finally built and ready to ship. My original build date was in mid April. It has been pushed out a few times to May 30. I am just hopeful that it gets built by the end of June. I have loved my last two Hondas and plan on sticking with them. I saw a new sonic grey sport on the road today, freaking pretty. Some people might not like the 2022 look, but I really like the new, simple, sleek styling. 10 years and 100k miles later they will still look good and look outdated like may cars will.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I appreciate the info Dan. These really are crazy times. It seems like the original build date seems to get pushed out about 3 months before the car is finally built and ready to ship. My original build date was in mid April. It has been pushed out a few times to May 30. I am just hopeful that it gets built by the end of June. I have loved my last two Hondas and plan on sticking with them. I saw a new sonic grey sport on the road today, freaking pretty. Some people might not like the 2022 look, but I really like the new, simple, sleek styling. 10 years and 100k miles later they will still look good and look outdated like may cars will.
Agreed! 3 months has been pretty accurate. I ordered my EXL hatchback December 10th with an original target date of January 15th…. It is still showing this week as the target but we will see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Ugh. Do you work at a Honda dealer? I ordered a silver EX in mid Feb with an original build of April 22, then it moved to Mid May and then again to the end of May. the good news is that it hasn't been pushed out for the last two weeks. Hopefully the date sticks.
I do. Nearly 14 years at the same dealer. Honda is trying like crazy to fulfill their current orders before the shut down. Hope yours makes it!

41 - 60 of 84 Posts