11th Gen Civic Forum banner
561 - 580 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve also been working with 2 dealerships. One said it’ll be here first week of October. I didn’t question it. Then this one today said build date is 9/14-9/18. Both are sonic gray. I do think the one that said it’ll get delivered the first week of October is legit. I bought my current civic from them last year.
Interesting my local dealer called today. I had given up on them but my deposit from May finally turned into an order. He said it was accepted and would be a 23 but no exact build date yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took delivery last Saturday so there’s hope for anyone who waited a long time! Total time to delivery according to dealer: 177 days. Ugh.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Going to get the windows tinted and have the HPD spoiler installed by a body shop soon and get the chrome window trim wrapped black. Then maybe the wheels, a front lip, and a rear diffuser. Long term maybe exhaust. But that’s it. It’s my daily and it’s only an EX L so not going to put too much into it. I wish manual hatches were more common and that they even came in this color, but they don’t. Oh well. I can live with an automatic as my daily in the city.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whelp, 3rd time my Si order has been pushed back. Went from 8/29-9/1, 9/6-9/10 and was just told today that it’s now 9/14-9/18. Still projected to get delivered in Oct but we’ll see. Don’t have to much faith in that projected delivery time at all.
Quoting myself just to say I finally got a vin! Delivery to the dealership will be about 3-4 weeks. But I’ll take any sort of movement at this point. Very excited.

·
Registered
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold 2022) 2005 SLK350 2007 Buick Lucerne 4.6L 2017 Titan XD 5.0L
22 Posts
Quoting myself just to say I finally got a vin! Delivery to the dealership will be about 3-4 weeks. But I’ll take any sort of movement at this point. Very excited.
I'm assuming you got the Vin recently (within the past day or so)? Just looking for some sort correlation based on build date vs. when Vin # was available. Hoping to help others determine their expected dates for when Vin # get issued. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm assuming you got the Vin recently (within the past day or so)? Just looking for some sort correlation based on build date vs. when Vin # was available. Hoping to help others determine their expected dates for when Vin # get issued. Thanks for sharing!
I did! I got my vin this today. Dealership called me this morning and said it’s been built and as long as there’s no delays in transit, it’ll get to me (from Canada to Kentucky) in 3-4 weeks. My build dates were 9/14-9/18. Sounds like it gets built and then within a day I got the vin. From my understanding, it takes roughly 4 days to build the car.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
158 Posts
MY UNICORN (Hatch Touring Manual SGP) HAS A PRODUCTION DATE!!

I'm scheduled for Oct 22-26! woohoo! SEVEN months waiting, but hey, I'll take it.
(sorry the screen photo from the salesguy is so hard to read, but it's interesting to get a blurry view of what's coming in!).

I asked if it would be a '23, he said he had no idea, could go either way. He said they've gotten HRV and Ridgeline as 23s, but not sure on timing for the others. (I'd be extra happy to get a '23, hopefully they fix a few of the complaints we've seen on here.)

Hopefully it won't get delayed, because then I'd have to put on snow tires, and it's getting late in the season to sell my current car. I may have to sell ahead of time while the weather is good, and just drive my husband to work on days I need a car.

sidenote: @ven, we have quite a few duplicates (with different data) of your awesome time-waiting spreadsheet. Honda Civic 2022 waiting time US/Canada

Font Material property Paper Document Number

·
Registered
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold 2022) 2005 SLK350 2007 Buick Lucerne 4.6L 2017 Titan XD 5.0L
22 Posts

I'm scheduled for Oct 22-26! woohoo! SEVEN months waiting, but hey, I'll take it.
(sorry the screen photo from the salesguy is so hard to read, but it's interesting to get a blurry view of what's coming in!).

I asked if it would be a '23, he said he had no idea, could go either way. He said they've gotten HRV and Ridgeline as 23s, but not sure on timing for the others. (I'd be extra happy to get a '23, hopefully they fix a few of the complaints we've seen on here.)

Hopefully it won't get delayed, because then I'd have to put on snow tires, and it's getting late in the season to sell my current car. I may have to sell ahead of time while the weather is good, and just drive my husband to work on days I need a car.

sidenote: @ven, we have quite a few duplicates (with different data) of your awesome time-waiting spreadsheet. Honda Civic 2022 waiting time US/Canada

View attachment 11319

I went in and added my name and information to the spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing @rosedraws!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up my Civic from the dealership this weekend! It took a little more than 3 months but it was definitely worth the wait. This was my timeline if anyone would like to compare:

2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, CVT, Crystal Black Pearl
May 28: Paid Deposit
June 4: Financing Approved
June 20: Dealership confirms that Honda has picked up my order, with delivery date TBD
July 13: Dealership gives me an expected delivery date of August 15-20
Aug 15: Delivery date pushed to September 5-10
Sept 9: Car arrives at dealership
Sept 17: I picked up my CIVIC!!

I immediately took the car out for a drive and have put 200km on it so far just this weekend. For everyone who is still waiting for theirs to come in, the wait is excruciating but definitely worth it!

And if you're from Toronto Canada and looking for a Civic I highly recommend Parkway Honda. They sold me my vehicle for MSRP and I've experienced very good customer service.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my ST HB on Friday. Ordered it 1st week of June & got built Thursday. Got a call from the dealer that another buy of the same configuration wanted to push out his delivery that just arrived. Swapped VINs and picked this one up probably a month earlier than I anticipated based on build date.

Original build date was 8/21-8/25. Got pushed to 8/31-9/3 & finally to 9/11-9/15.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky
Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport 2.Sloooow.....
87 Posts
I did! I got my vin this today. Dealership called me this morning and said it’s been built and as long as there’s no delays in transit, it’ll get to me (from Canada to Kentucky) in 3-4 weeks. My build dates were 9/14-9/18. Sounds like it gets built and then within a day I got the vin. From my understanding, it takes roughly 4 days to build the car.
My Civic was built in Canada on the 8th of August and made it to my dealer in Louisville on the 5th of September.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·

View attachment 11319
If that screen shot shoes the model ID ending in KNW, it will be a '22.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey so for my SGP sport hatch. My waiting experience was financing the car June 4th and was promised September or late September. Decided to message my dealer at the end of each month for updates. Pretty much nothing until Sept 18 came along and was told that there was a VIN. 3 days later car arrives. Picking it up Saturday!
Goodluck to the rest of the hatch gang. Hope y’all get your cars soon!

561 - 580 of 596 Posts