11th Gen Civic Forum banner
441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
I’ve been waiting on my HB MT since April. I got a VIN in March on the proposal I had to sign off on before they would trade allocations with another dealer to get the car I wanted. I decoded it and it is a VIN for a 22 Civic HB MT. I suppose it could still be made up. At this point I am about ready to throw in the towel.
View attachment 10473
According to the AutoCheck I just pulled, that VIN was registered to someone in New York in May. Perhaps the trade fell through with the other dealer?

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
61 Posts
Andy what exactly are you able to track with a VIN? I finally got one after 5 months so assuming the car is built, not sure if you can see shipping dates or anything if I send it to you

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
Andy what exactly are you able to track with a VIN? I finally got one after 5 months so assuming the car is built, not sure if you can see shipping dates or anything if I send it to you
I've tried tracking a couple of VINs for other members with no success. If your dealer has it marked sold in their inventory, I'm blind to it. If you have a VIN, it's just a matter of time for it to be shipped to you. My guess is that it arrives in about two weeks. That's what we have been seeing (7-14 days lately).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've tried tracking a couple of VINs for other members with no success. If your dealer has it marked sold in their inventory, I'm blind to it. If you have a VIN, it's just a matter of time for it to be shipped to you. My guess is that it arrives in about two weeks. That's what we have been seeing (7-14 days lately).
Gotcha thanks, and thanks for being a big help in this community of mutually frustrated customers haha. My dealer is in NJ about 10-11 hours from the Greensburg factory so I’m hoping it comes for my bday next week

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
Gotcha thanks, and thanks for being a big help in this community of mutually frustrated customers haha. My dealer is in NJ about 10-11 hours from the Greensburg factory so I’m hoping it comes for my bday next week
Glad to help. We on the sales side are equally frustrated by the lack of most any certainty. Have you reached out to your salesperson for an updated ETA to them? If they are unaware, they can copy the last 8 digits of the VIN and run a VIN track through the interactive network under the vehicle management heading if there is only a pending ETA showing on the iN.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad to help. We on the sales side are equally frustrated by the lack of most any certainty. Have you reached out to your salesperson for an updated ETA to them? If they are unaware, they can copy the last 8 digits of the VIN and run a VIN track through the interactive network under the vehicle management heading if there is only a pending ETA showing on the iN.
I haven’t, my salesman called me Monday and said it was showing a VIN but he wanted to be sure before he gave me a 100%, called me Tuesday and confirmed it was my car (tied to my order number) and provided the VIN for me. Said 2-3 weeks to get the car is their expectation, but I’ve seen people post that theirs just randomly arrived when the dealers weren’t expecting them so I’m hopeful. They also got me 3.99% financing for 60 months since my 2.99 expired. This all began in March for me, what a damn journey

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
I haven’t, my salesman called me Monday and said it was showing a VIN but he wanted to be sure before he gave me a 100%, called me Tuesday and confirmed it was my car (tied to my order number) and provided the VIN for me. Said 2-3 weeks to get the car is their expectation, but I’ve seen people post that theirs just randomly arrived when the dealers weren’t expecting them so I’m hopeful. They also got me 3.99% financing for 60 months since my 2.99 expired. This all began in March for me, what a damn journey
Must be it's being shipped by rail. It may get stuck at a rail depot on the east coast waiting for a shipping company to pick it up. Our rail shipped vehicles frequently get stuck in Marion, Ohio waiting for the final leg of transport to pick them up. Hope it gets to you in a timely fashion!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Must be it's being shipped by rail. It may get stuck at a rail depot on the east coast waiting for a shipping company to pick it up. Our rail shipped vehicles frequently get stuck in Marion, Ohio waiting for the final leg of transport to pick them up. Hope it gets to you in a timely fashion!
Interesting I only noticed rail when I looked at the plant on Google maps, I assumed it was going to get trucked over cause I always see cars on trucks, but the train makes sense I guess.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Interesting I only noticed rail when I looked at the plant on Google maps, I assumed it was going to get trucked over cause I always see cars on trucks, but the train makes sense I guess.
I'm only guess it's being shipped by rail. Our Canadian & Alabama mades cars are shipped by rail. It's about 700 miles from Greensburg to the east coast, hence my assumption.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm only guess it's being shipped by rail. Our Canadian & Alabama mades cars are shipped by rail. It's about 700 miles from Greensburg to the east coast, hence my assumption.
The civic sedans that ship from Canada to the east coast. Where do they get off the rail? I am in NC and was told my car is currently in Kentucky. I am assuming/hoping at this point it is on a delivery truck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
The civic sedans that ship from Canada to the east coast. Where do they get off the rail? I am in NC and was told my car is currently in Kentucky. I am assuming/hoping at this point it is on a delivery truck.
Hard to say as I only have the midwest as my point of reference. Marion, Ohio is where they are offloaded for us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a reservation on an allocated Si at a dealer in WI. Can you share any details on the logistics of a Si coming from Canada to WI? Not sure if Marion, OH, is the logical spot or if it goes farther on rail.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
I have a reservation on an allocated Si at a dealer in WI. Can you share any details on the logistics of a Si coming from Canada to WI? Not sure if Marion, OH, is the logical spot or if it goes farther on rail.
Most likely Marion will be one stop (as is New York). Elgin, Illinois used to be one of the stops, so it may be for your car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
According to the AutoCheck I just pulled, that VIN was registered to someone in New York in May. Perhaps the trade fell through with the other dealer?
Probably. In April I went to my nearest dealer. The manager at one point, seemingly upset, showed me a sheet that showed Five HB MT’s were scheduled to be built that week, a red one, a blue one and three black ones. He seemed surprised that I knew which dealers that three of the five were going to. He said put down a deposit and I’m pretty sure I can have one allocated to me. By the time I got home the salesperson called and said to come get my deposit back because they were unsuccessful in getting the allocation.

I had already talked to the dealer that was supposed to be getting a blue one. I didn’t want Boost Blue. So after I left the nearest dealer I texted the dealer who was getting a blue one. I told him that I knew that three Black ones would be available and asked if he could trade for a Black one. After a day he texted me back and said he finally figured out where one of the Black ones were going. He said before he traded with the other dealer he wanted me to sign off on a proposal. That is the proposal I posted. I agreed to the proposal and put down a deposit.
On the first day of each month since, the salesman would text me to tell me the build date had been pushed up a month. He included screen shots of the new dates each time.
Today I got this text, so maybe this will be the month.
Font Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant Software

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone hear about any delays in Si’s getting built? Put a deposit on 2 at different dealers. Both gave me a build date of 8/28-9/1. Just find it odd that both have the same build dates. Now it’s just a matter of who actually gets it first.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts