11th Gen Civic Forum banner
421 - 440 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes very much a delay with drivers. I am waiting for a meteorite gray 22 Sport Touring Hatch for three weeks now. The car was already listed as in transit by the dealer with a VIN. I Seriously doubt it takes three weeks from Indiana to Jacksonville, FL. The new estimated deliver is 25 to 29 July. Not really the fault of the dealer really, they cant control the driver issues. Actually sucks to be them, half their inventory are nothing but Ridgelines because who wants to drop 40 to 50k on a gas guzzler these days? They have no Civcs on the lot and only two Accords, Sales Peeps must be pissed, no wonder you see high AF markups at a lot of places.
Hey @Ja_sinn welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can get your Civic delivered this week. What are you currently driving while you wait for your Civic?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey @Ja_sinn welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can get your Civic delivered this week. What are you currently driving while you wait for your Civic?
Thanks Palmer,

My last car got T-Boned so I'm in a Ridgeline at the moment. I like the Civic by far comparatively. Only thing the Civic does not have vice the ridgeline is heated rear seats, Rear AC vents and a truck bed lol. The Sport Touring - Better sound system, larger infotainment screen and better gas milage by a long shot lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the dealers know when the cars are actually picked up and physically on the truck? Wondering how they come up with the ETA’s.
Kate,

They seem to have in incling of when it gets on the truck it seems. At first the sales rep was like 15th to 19th July, but had said no idea where the truck is. Then dates changed to 16 to 20 July and on the 20th when it was not here said its was in TN at the time. Called them again on the 25 and a sales manager said 25 to 29 July expected... located in Georgia. So...... yeah that's the stories I've been getting so far. Could of driven to CA and back well before this LOL.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
We have a bunch of inventory (not the hatchbacks since they're made here in Indiana) that get stuck at the Marion, Ohio depot where the railcars get unloaded and then our inventory just waits for a shipping company to pick them up and deliver. I've had vehicles stuck there for 2-3 weeks before. It's quite frustrating.

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
61 Posts
I was told could take 3-4 weeks for the car to get from Indiana to NJ after it’s built but could show up in just one week, aside from delays with production they also have no control over how quickly the cars are picked up and delivered either. 5 month wait for me now

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport Aegean Blue
32 Posts
Do the dealers know when the cars are actually picked up and physically on the truck? Wondering how they come up with the ETA’s.
Most transportation companies have websites that update shipping status by VIN. The dealers should have access to those systems and can view the cars location to predict an ETA.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks great. Finally a glimmer of hope for me, after putting my deposit down 3/7 of this year and multiple delays they called today and said it appears to have a VIN but will check tomorrow for sure. Downside is they said 2-3 weeks for transport but hoping it shows up sooner. Sonic Grey sport touring CVT for the US

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve never tried it with another dealer’s inventory. Send me the last 8 of the VIN. Most likely I won’t be able to track it if it’s already marked sold on their end but it can’t hurt to try.
Curious if you were able to track the VIN? I am getting impatient waiting to hear back from my dealer with an update.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
Curious if you were able to track the VIN? I am getting impatient waiting to hear back from my dealer with an update.
Doubtful as I tried for another member of the forum with no success. Only way I expect it may be possible is if they do not have the vehicle marked pre-sold on the Interactive Network. Send over the last 8 of the VIN and I can run it just to be sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Confirmed received my VIN today which I understand from my reading means the car is built, or ON the production line with a number which only takes 4 days to build a car. The dealer said 2-3 weeks to get the car, but again I read sometimes they just show up or take longer depending on the shipping logistics. I’m only 10 hours from the Greensburg Indiana plant where it’s made so hoping for sooner than later

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any news on the cars being built in September if they might be build sooner? My dealer told me that for their July allocation, they should be getting their cars in September/October.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We can, in fact, order cars. We cannot custom order anything a la carte that Honda doesn’t build but yes, we can and do submit orders for specific colors and trims for customers if we do not have any fitting what they want in our allocation.
Hi Andy. I was curious if you are able to order the "Seat Back Protectors" interior accessory for the hatchback Civic. I wasn't able to find an aftermarket clone & don't want to potentially delay my car by asking the dealer to try to get me that. Sorry that this post is kind of off-topic but you seem active here so I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Andy. I was curious if you are able to order the "Seat Back Protectors" interior accessory for the hatchback Civic. I wasn't able to find an aftermarket clone & don't want to potentially delay my car by asking the dealer to try to get me that. Sorry that this post is kind of off-topic but you seem active here so I figured I'd ask.
You can order them yourself.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
Just reach out to your dealer and ask them to order them for you. If they do not come in by the time your car arrives, have them put it on a due bill or we owe document. You can then get them installed once they arrive at your dealership. I love mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve been waiting on my HB MT since April. I got a VIN in March on the proposal I had to sign off on before they would trade allocations with another dealer to get the car I wanted. I decoded it and it is a VIN for a 22 Civic HB MT. I suppose it could still be made up. At this point I am about ready to throw in the towel.
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

421 - 440 of 455 Posts