11th Gen Civic Forum banner
401 - 420 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
ordering in Jan and not getting would def piss me off. They could have at least offered you another colour.
This dealership has very poor customer relations.I should have listened to my bud ,who said go to the dealer in Niagara Falls or Welland.They really don"t care i find.That"s why i told them i am really pissed off.I doubt i will see my vehicle.I may cancel and go to another dealer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just checked out OMVIC and i can"t cancel my contract.But i may take the offer sales guy made to me .Giving back my deposit and cancelling my order..Iwill give it a bit more time ,and if nothing jives by the end of August i will take his offer and then proceed to another dealer and order a 2023 Si.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just checked out OMVIC and i can"t cancel my contract.But i may take the offer sales guy made to me .Giving back my deposit and cancelling my order..Iwill give it a bit more time ,and if nothing jives by the end of August i will take his offer and then proceed to another dealer and order a 2023 Si.
I wonder if an Si has been allocated to them,which i doubt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hear the frustration and where you are coming from but think carefully about this as you may end up waiting even longer.. tough call… each of us have a half bird in hand and who is to say the supply constraints will get better in order to expedite new builds… too much uncertainty in the world right now

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hear the frustration and where you are coming from but think carefully about this as you may end up waiting even longer.. tough call… each of us have a half bird in hand and who is to say the supply constraints will get better in order to expedite new builds… too much uncertainty in the world right now
I will just wait and see what this dealer does...They may say they have to order me a 2023 but who knows what they will come up with.I still want the the Si because I have already purchased a lot of accessories for the car.

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
61 Posts
I thought there was no way for dealers to order a car, they just get allocated what they get and sell from that? And if that’s the case, isn’t that dealer then completely full of shit sitting on your deposit until they get the allocation, with no actual ability to order anything?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
I thought there was no way for dealers to order a car, they just get allocated what they get and sell from that? And if that’s the case, isn’t that dealer then completely full of shit sitting on your deposit until they get the allocation, with no actual ability to order anything?
We can, in fact, order cars. We cannot custom order anything a la carte that Honda doesn’t build but yes, we can and do submit orders for specific colors and trims for customers if we do not have any fitting what they want in our allocation.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The dealership says my order reference number has still not been picked up by Honda..Same old story .

·
Registered
5 Posts
We can, in fact, order cars. We cannot custom order anything a la carte that Honda doesn’t build but yes, we can and do submit orders for specific colors and trims for customers if we do not have any fitting what they want in our allocation.
Are dealers truly in the dark when it comes to post build delivery? Supposedly my car was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago but my dealer basically said, “we know it’s built and it will be here when it gets here, we have no idea when”. Just seems odd.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
Are dealers truly in the dark when it comes to post build delivery? Supposedly my car was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago but my dealer basically said, “we know it’s built and it will be here when it gets here, we have no idea when”. Just seems odd.
We can track a vehicle to some degree. It's only as good as the info they input into the VIN tracking system.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
If I gave you the VIN could you tell me anything or is it limited to the selling dealership?
I’ve never tried it with another dealer’s inventory. Send me the last 8 of the VIN. Most likely I won’t be able to track it if it’s already marked sold on their end but it can’t hurt to try.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
132 Posts
From my understanding the dealers -- even Honda in general -- can't predict vehicle delivery times because there is an extreme shortage of truck drivers! Supply chain snags every step of the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes very much a delay with drivers. I am waiting for a meteorite gray 22 Sport Touring Hatch for three weeks now. The car was already listed as in transit by the dealer with a VIN. I Seriously doubt it takes three weeks from Indiana to Jacksonville, FL. The new estimated deliver is 25 to 29 July. Not really the fault of the dealer really, they cant control the driver issues. Actually sucks to be them, half their inventory are nothing but Ridgelines because who wants to drop 40 to 50k on a gas guzzler these days? They have no Civcs on the lot and only two Accords, Sales Peeps must be pissed, no wonder you see high AF markups at a lot of places.

401 - 420 of 455 Posts