11th Gen Civic Forum banner
241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone whoever is waiting for his car to be delivered.
I booked mine on 1st Jan 2022 and have not received it to date.
They say that there is some parts shortage because of which the production is less than planned.
Last month, my sales guy told me that he will TRY to get me the car in June but now he is saying July.

I don't know what the actual issue is with the production.

anyone with any information regarding it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would see if someone on here from Canada could verify their order reference number format as it could be different from the US maybe?
I"m in Ontario,Canada and the order reference number is the dealership order number which has to be picked up by Honda.Once picked up by Honda they will contact the dealer with a build date.All i received from my dealer was just numbers with no letters at the beginning .So far the ref. order number has not been picked up.It"s been 6 months and still waiting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I"m in Ontario,Canada and the order reference number is the dealership order number which has to be picked up by Honda.Once picked up by Honda they will contact the dealer with a build date.All i received from my dealer was just numbers with no letters at the beginning .So far the ref. order number has not been picked up.It"s been 6 months and still waiting.
which variant have you booked ?
btw, I am a happy customer of 27WON W1 so far on my 10th Gen civic :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pray you don't need to buy a car until at least 2025.
I booked in Jan, the booking amount was X, when I made the balance payment, it was around a 3% increase.

then they asked me again in May to deposit another 3%

after that, there is another 2% increase which hasn't hit me so far.

but if I get delivery after July, there is another price hike. (I don't know how much will it be)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Happy to shed some light on the matter.
My sales guy must be wondering where i am getting all the info.:cool:LOL
[/QUOTE]
Andy How is it possible that someone who orders the same vehicle a month or too later than myself receives it sooner and in the same province of ontario.I am still waiting and my dealer has no info or updates.It doesn"t seem right. Does it depend on a dealers sales volume?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Andy How is it possible that someone who orders the same vehicle a month or too later than myself receives it sooner and in the same province of ontario.I am still waiting and my dealer has no info or updates.It doesn"t seem right. Does it depend on a dealers sales volume?
[/QUOTE]
Doesn't make sense. You paid a deposit on it correct?

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
25 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Maybe the vehicle they bought was allocated to that dealer earlier, perhaps someone got tired of waiting and you got in line for a car that was supposed to be made sooner, etc

·
Registered
406 Posts
Maybe the vehicle they bought was allocated to that dealer earlier, perhaps someone got tired of waiting and you got in line for a car that was supposed to be made sooner, etc
[/QUOTE]
You have a crap dealer. Regardless of allocations, etc they should provide you with updates.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
[/QUOTE]
It's possible another dealer received a larger allocation than yours...or, they received supplemental allocation based on their turn rate. I just swapped a customer's CR-V order that was originally slated for June that got moved to late August with an earlier allocation in mid July that just popped up on our on order report. Of course, I cleared it with management to be sure it wasn't something he was planning to trade with another dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
It doesn't make sense. I'm in the same boat, and it is really difficult to see some getting theirs so much sooner even if I am happy for them. I am patient, but not a damn saint. Too many variables causing delays.
[/QUOTE]
You have a crap dealer. Regardless of allocations, etc they should provide you with updates.
[/QUOTE]
I just started getting weekly updates 3 weeks ago and I'm 4 1/2 months waiting now. I'm also on vacation. When I go back home I will start actively looking within a 100 mile radius. No more loyalty after I hit 5 months waiting.

241 - 260 of 272 Posts