11th Gen Civic Forum banner
221 - 240 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
25 Posts
Monitoring the r/civic group seems like more posts lately about people finally getting their 11th gens. Fingers crossed. My production date was last showing 6/11-6/15, original target was March

·
Registered
406 Posts
Monitoring the r/civic group seems like more posts lately about people finally getting their 11th gens. Fingers crossed. My production date was last showing 6/11-6/15, original target was March
Yea. Things seem to be moving along better. My EX is supposed to be delivered next week. There was a huge issue with shipping container ships stacking up at the ports. That problem is pretty much resolved so components are getting to the assembly plants now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a deposit on 3/7 target production was late March and delivery for april/May
You aren't alone. I had a target production date originally of 4-18/4-22, but they had already estimated it would be June/July that I would get it. I put in my deposit in early April. They even texted me two weeks ago and said that they were just waiting on a truck to pick it up.

Dealership texted today me production date was pushed back to 8-15/8-19. Insane. I love Honda but I can't believe I'm waiting this long for a non-Type R Civic. All this because some kid t-boned me at an intersection and totaled my Accord.

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
25 Posts
You aren't alone. I had a target production date originally of 4-18/4-22, but they had already estimated it would be June/July that I would get it. I put in my deposit in early April. They even texted me two weeks ago and said that they were just waiting on a truck to pick it up.

Dealership texted today me production date was pushed back to 8-15/8-19. Insane. I love Honda but I can't believe I'm waiting this long for a non-Type R Civic. All this because some kid t-boned me at an intersection and totaled my Accord.
I asked if at this point I’d get a 2023 but they aren’t sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked if at this point I’d get a 2023 but they aren’t sure.
Hah I did the exact same thing. "Are 2023s going to be announced soon then?"

Their response: "No idea"

I guess it's my fault for wanting the purple hatchback and trying to save money on it, but with the way the economy has been heading I figured saving $1200 and waiting 2 months would be fine. But waiting minimum 4-5 months was not what I was expecting.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello all. After a LONG wait, my car (EX) was just delivered to my dealer. Picking it up on Monday after the windows are tinted and the PDI is done. Timing info for everyone..... Ordered Feb 19. Build date pushed out a few times but was finally built around June 1. Delivered June 16. So 4 months from order to delivery. Will post pics once I have her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spoke too soon, dealer just texted me that new TPD is 7/31-8/4. Fml
Hopefully you receive it sooner. I went by my dealer today like every Saturday and they received 5 base civics and 3 sport models.At another dealership they received some base civics ,a few hatchbacks,and some sport models. It seems production is ramping up.Just waiting to hear if they will produce some Civic Si hopefully.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hopefully you receive it sooner. I went by my dealer today like every Saturday and they received 5 base civics and 3 sport models.At another dealership they received some base civics ,a few hatchbacks,and some sport models. It seems production is ramping up.Just waiting to hear if they will produce some Civic Si hopefully.
I’m with you on that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had placed my order for Honda civic ex in first week of May. My sales guy told me after a week of placing the order that he doesn't have any tentative date but a tentative month (i.e August). Then there was no information from his side. I recently saw this forum and came to know about order reference number and other details. When I asked my sales guy he told me that he still doesn't have a specific date for my car. When asked for order reference number he was unwilling to provide it to me. Later his manager called me and gave me a reference number which is just 6 digits and there is no Alphabet in it. Should I consider this as a red flag?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had placed my order for Honda civic ex in first week of May. My sales guy told me after a week of placing the order that he doesn't have any tentative date but a tentative month (i.e August). Then there was no information from his side. I recently saw this forum and came to know about order reference number and other details. When I asked my sales guy he told me that he still doesn't have a specific date for my car. When asked for order reference number he was unwilling to provide it to me. Later his manager called me and gave me a reference number which is just 6 digits and there is no Alphabet in it. Should I consider this as a red flag?
It would be a red flag to me but I can’t say for sure since I don’t work for a dealer. However I put a deposit down a few weeks ago on a civic that was just allocated to the dealer and I asked for the order reference number. It started with an alphabet followed by two numbers (ie T08 which means a vague build date of August) then a dash, then followed by five numbers then a dash and followed by another five numbers. Example T08-02345-00076. I got a call yesterday from a different dealer who had a customer back out and wanted to know if I wanted to put a deposit down. The original build date was suppose to be in March and now it’s in July in a few weeks so I jumped on it. I also asked for a reference number and the sales guy sent me a screen shot of it and it too was the same format. This one started with A03-xxxxx-xxxxx meaning original vague build date of March. In the screen shot it also shows original TPD of 3/29 - 4/02 (which I assumes means something like tenative production date) and then current TPD of 7/13 - 07/17. So based on being given two order reference numbers from two different dealers each that start with a letter then followed by two numbers then by 5 numbers and then again by 5 numbers I would assume they don’t actually have an allocated car with your name on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It would be a red flag to me but I can’t say for sure since I don’t work for a dealer. However I put a deposit down a few weeks ago on a civic that was just allocated to the dealer and I asked for the order reference number. It started with an alphabet followed by two numbers (ie T08 which means a vague build date of August) then a dash, then followed by five numbers then a dash and followed by another five numbers. Example T08-02345-00076. I got a call yesterday from a different dealer who had a customer back out and wanted to know if I wanted to put a deposit down. The original build date was suppose to be in March and now it’s in July in a few weeks so I jumped on it. I also asked for a reference number and the sales guy sent me a screen shot of it and it too was the same format. This one started with A03-xxxxx-xxxxx meaning original vague build date of March. In the screen shot it also shows original TPD of 3/29 - 4/02 (which I assumes means something like tenative production date) and then current TPD of 7/13 - 07/17. So based on being given two order reference numbers from two different dealers each that start with a letter then followed by two numbers then by 5 numbers and then again by 5 numbers I would assume they don’t actually have an allocated car with your name on it.
I would see if someone on here from Canada could verify their order reference number format as it could be different from the US maybe?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I would see if someone on here from Canada could verify their order reference number format as it could be different from the US maybe?
I would doubt their order reference numbers are any different as Alliston serves all of North America as do the other US plants that ship to Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok thanks for info. I guess I need to pay a visit to the dealer and have a word

221 - 240 of 272 Posts