11th Gen Civic Forum banner
201 - 220 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
25 Posts
If I give someone here my order number can they confirm that the car is actually slated for production? I don’t doubt my dealer but just curious

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
25 Posts
Not sure if anyones been watching the “in transit” list on their dealer site but the list on my dealer had 21 cars and they are all gone, not even a checkbox for the civic hatch anymore. Bizarre

·
Registered
73 Posts
@27WON I honestly think a batch of si’s are going to be built soon to fill orders. My dealership in Windsor said they haven’t gotten any since the first run in Dec. I’m thinking anyone who ordered in the last 5 months should be getting theirs when they are produced.

·
Registered
98 Posts
@27WON I honestly think a batch of si’s are going to be built soon to fill orders. My dealership in Windsor said they haven’t gotten any since the first run in Dec. I’m thinking anyone who ordered in the last 5 months should be getting theirs when they are produced.
I'm not sure if you said you have not received your Si.As you know i have been waiting since January. My sales guy sent me the dealership order number which means the Si is in the queue to be built. Whenever that will be.Thanks to AndyH96Z for explaining how order numbers work in the system.My dealer said that Honda has not picked up the order number yet along with the 4 other Si order numbers.I wonder if Honda will push the 2022 Si orders into 2023 production .Just a guess

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
121 Posts
Here's what I learned at the car dealer yesterday:

• Last month the dealer ordered 100 cars. Only 20 of those orders were accepted -- 20%.
  • They do not know which orders were accepted. (sounds crazy!)
  • He says my name is attached to one of the orders... mostly because Honda tracks to make sure I don't order the same car from several different dealers to hedge my bets. (If that happens, Honda bumps out one of the orders).
  • He could not produce a document with my order with my name attached. He says they don't complete the order with me until Honda has accepted the order. ie, they really are a no BS dealership! Having an order and a down payment with a dealer doesn't mean you actually have an order in. You have to win the stupid Honda 20% lottery first!
  • They -- literally -- only had ONE new car on the lot they could sell. One Pilot. EVERY car coming in has a buyer.
  • They have ZERO information from Honda about what they're building when.
  • He said it was likely that 2023 cars will start showing up any time now. Odyssey and HRV are already 2023 models.
  • Order/build reports to the dealer are updated throughout the day... ie, if one of the orders gets a build date, they'll see it when they check their report.
  • He said they don't build cars in batches, they build a whole bunch of different models at the same time.
  • He said chips and parts aren't the only problem: he said there are 600 cars sitting in Ohio, because there aren't enough truck drivers to move them out. SO, all the people wondering how long for delivery after the car is built? It's as much a crap shoot as anything else!
  • I have no idea how car dealers are paying their bills.
  • Talking to my salesguy Pierre in person was great, because he was thinking of me the next day when they buyer for an Si couldn't get financing, he actually called me first to see if I wanted it! (It was tempting, but I think I really want the hatchback.)
  • He suggested I keep checking in every couple weeks like I've been doing. But he said if my "order" gets accepted it will be allotted to me, not someone else, he just might not get around to contacting me about it. (I was a little fuzzy on this part).
  • I've mentioned before, Serra Honda in Michigan seems like a straight-shooting MSRP dealer. They can't get you a car quicker, but I'm comfortable with their honesty and can-do attitude.
  • Surprisingly, they were not at all aggressive with the trade-in appraisal for my current '17 hatch. It's super cute, could have been quick money for them, even at the high-ish price I was looking for. But I can't sell it now anyway, until I get at least a build date on the new one, maybe they knew that.

In other news, I've been driving my mom's 2020 Ford Escape, and on top of the legion of bad design choices, the thing has massive electric/battery system flaws. What a POS!!!! Totally worth it to wait for a Honda.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's what I learned at the car dealer yesterday:

• Last month the dealer ordered 100 cars. Only 20 of those orders were accepted -- 20%.
  • They do not know which orders were accepted. (sounds crazy!)
  • He says my name is attached to one of the orders... mostly because Honda tracks to make sure I don't order the same car from several different dealers to hedge my bets. (If that happens, Honda bumps out one of the orders).
  • He could not produce a document with my order with my name attached. He says they don't complete the order with me until Honda has accepted the order. ie, they really are a no BS dealership! Having an order and a down payment with a dealer doesn't mean you actually have an order in. You have to win the stupid Honda 20% lottery first!
  • They -- literally -- only had ONE new car on the lot they could sell. One Pilot. EVERY car coming in has a buyer.
  • They have ZERO information from Honda about what they're building when.
  • He said it was likely that 2023 cars will start showing up any time now. Odyssey and HRV are already 2023 models.
  • Order/build reports to the dealer are updated throughout the day... ie, if one of the orders gets a build date, they'll see it when they check their report.
  • He said they don't build cars in batches, they build a whole bunch of different models at the same time.
  • He said chips and parts aren't the only problem: he said there are 600 cars sitting in Ohio, because there aren't enough truck drivers to move them out. SO, all the people wondering how long for delivery after the car is built? It's as much a crap shoot as anything else!
  • I have no idea how car dealers are paying their bills.
  • Talking to my salesguy Pierre in person was great, because he was thinking of me the next day when they buyer for an Si couldn't get financing, he actually called me first to see if I wanted it! (It was tempting, but I think I really want the hatchback.)
  • He suggested I keep checking in every couple weeks like I've been doing. But he said if my "order" gets accepted it will be allotted to me, not someone else, he just might not get around to contacting me about it. (I was a little fuzzy on this part).
  • I've mentioned before, Serra Honda in Michigan seems like a straight-shooting MSRP dealer. They can't get you a car quicker, but I'm comfortable with their honesty and can-do attitude.
  • Surprisingly, they were not at all aggressive with the trade-in appraisal for my current '17 hatch. It's super cute, could have been quick money for them, even at the high-ish price I was looking for. But I can't sell it now anyway, until I get at least a build date on the new one, maybe they knew that.

In other news, I've been driving my mom's 2020 Ford Escape, and on top of the legion of bad design choices, the thing has massive electric/battery system flaws. What a POS!!!! Totally worth it to wait for a Honda.
I'm using the same dealership, but in another city. Good people to work with. A hatch showed up out of the blue on Monday. Not my color and probably had been presold, but it never showed up on their list or as in transit on the Honda website. I'm resigned to waiting for 2023 now. Hopefully, after change over, production will speed up.

201 - 220 of 272 Posts