11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be an approximate two month period of very little to no Civic production. Like zero. Our on order report shows a handful of May/June build dates, which will very likely get pushed, and then start back up with July/August build dates. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Even our transport company stated it's getting quite thin with Honda's output. Sit tight and relax while we all go on this journey together.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback Boost Blue
59 Posts
There will be an approximate two month period of very little to no Civic production. Like zero. Our on order report shows a handful of May/June build dates, which will very likely get pushed, and then start back up with July/August build dates. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Even our transport company stated it's getting quite thin with Honda's output. Sit tight and relax while we all go on this journey together.
Oh man. Any insight to the April builds? My sales person won't give me an answer on anything. Only thing I get is "maybe delayed"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man. Any insight to the April builds? My sales person won't give me an answer on anything. Only thing I get is "maybe delayed"
It appears to affect all Civics, not just the sedan/Si variants built in Canada. They will likely get through their existing allocation commitments before the hiatus. I'm wondering if it's partly due to plant equipment upgrades in preparation for electrification for the new hybrids coming out later this year?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It appears to affect all Civics, not just the sedan/Si variants built in Canada. They will likely get through their existing allocation commitments before the hiatus. I'm wondering if it's partly due to plant equipment upgrades in preparation for electrification for the new hybrids coming out later this year?
Hopefully they get through the April builds. I have an early april build but no word and when I ask did the date change and they say no.

i would assume they would just reorganize the insight production line for the hybrids but I dont keep up with the news I only know the civics will get a hybrid

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully they get through the April builds. I have an early april build but no word and when I ask did the date change and they say no.

i would assume they would just reorganize the insight production line for the hybrids but I dont keep up with the news I only know the civics will get a hybrid
Should be interesting to see how much they can ramp up production at Greensburg. Wonder if we'll get a hybrid hatch??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you clarify what you mean by getting through existing allocation commitments? The hiatus is only going to affect new build orders taken for May/June?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you clarify what you mean by getting through existing allocation commitments? The hiatus is only going to affect new build orders taken for May/June?
Honda typically try to fulfill their commitments, especially if a build date is missed by 15 days. From what we have been told, no hatchbacks will be accepted for orders for May/June.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Honda typically try to fulfill their commitments, especially if a build date is missed by 15 days. From what we have been told, no hatchbacks will be accepted for orders for May/June.
I talked to a sale manager and asked him and my car build date changed to 4/12 - 4/16. He told me his May builds were set back to July-August and June orders much farther. He also said Honda is still trying to push out April builds as quick as possible to fulfill their build commitments basically confirming what you said.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I’m waiting for news on an allocation reservation I made mid Feb, with a delivery expectation in early May. Im guessing that the build order for this unit was supposed to be for April in this case. If the build date is pushed into May, does this mean its delayed till July/Aug due to the ramp down?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring, Boost Blue
115 Posts
Market Adjustment just went up another $1K

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
84 Posts
My sales guy has been trying to get an order in for me. Yesterday he told me that Honda rejected the order (which he said never happens). He agreed it's probably due to the plant close down. He's been putting in a new order every couple of weeks, hoping to get something.

Truly, this is an insane way to run a car company.

It's infuriating because I literally don't see any other cars I'm at all interested in. The sad part is that my beautiful '17 hatch is never going to be worth more than it is right this minute... I've got to keep driving it, so it's value will go down, pretty significantly, in the next 6 months. Good thing I like it so much, I can enjoy the ride. I really feel for people trying to get out of some mediocre (or dangerously wearing-out) car into a new Civic.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring, Boost Blue
115 Posts
It's infuriating because I literally don't see any other cars I'm at all interested in
what is your zip code, and what model, trim and color do you want? I'll see if I can find you a couple.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've spent so much time looking at other cars. Audi A3...Acura ilx and tlx. I like the Honda though. Great price with every option in the SI..and manual. Manual is almost a thing of the last. Do I back out of my Honda deal and move on elsewhere...? Not a fun time to car shop, that's for sure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That sounds very probably correct. The production for all e-HEV new vehicles, will hit the roads probably towards end of year

·
Registered
13 Posts

i would assume they would just reorganize the insight production line for the hybrids but I don't keep up with the news I only know the civics will get a hybrid
I hope mine and yours are built before they stop producing for the 2 months. Mine was due to be built April 12, but has had a delay. AndyH96Z gives me hope that Honda does it's best to fulfill allocations with his post above, so fingers crossed. My dealership is an MSRP seller and I have had a previous experience with them, so I want to stay with, but have looked out about a hundred miles to see what may be available. This Honda would be my first brand spanking new vehicle, so I am willing to wait for the exact trim and color I want.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts