11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2023 Civic Lx Sedan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda announced a Civic hybrid in sedan or hatchback body styles for North America for 2024. It will have a 2 litre gas engine and two electric motors.

It should average about 50 mpg (5 liters per 100 km) if driven conservatively (40 mpg highway and 60 mpg city). It should do 0 to 60 in about 7.6 seconds (about the same as the turbo version).

· Registered
2023 Civic Lx Sedan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow! And it only will have taken them 3 years!
It is a brand new drive train that only came out last summer in Europe. So far it has only been produced in Japan. They will need to set up production in North America as well as produce more drivetrains in Japan. So, production issues have held it up for North America.

I would not want them to rush them out and have reliability issues.

It is just as sporty as the turbo while getting 40% better fuel mileage. 60 mpg in the city will make it a great ridesharing car.
It will sell like hotcakes.

Some youtube videos :
Road Trip part 1
Road trip part 2

Full review
Fuel economy

· Registered
2018 Volkswagen GTI S, 6MT
87 Posts
It will sell like hotcakes.
Only if they can make them like hotcakes. Otherwise it will sell like a novelty vehicle just for people who really want one and don't mind a long waiting list. I'm sure this will be a fantastic commuter car and I really hope they'll actually have them on dealer lots one day as a realistic option for people to buy, but I'll believe it when I see it.

· Registered
2018 Volkswagen GTI S, 6MT
87 Posts
And it will have to compete with the new Prius which has a dedicated following and finally looks good.
That's the thing. Unless things change, the "competition" won't even matter, because Toyota hasn't been able to produce enough hybrids to meet demand either (just try to buy a Sienna or RAV4 Hybrid). As it is, Prius and Civic Hybrid sales numbers will just be based on however many Toyota and Honda can (or choose to) make.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts