11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, we just picked up our new 2022 honda civic EX. We are thrilled and excited to drive this new car.

We just installed the dashcam just in case, and we did not hardwire it to prevent any battery drain just in case when we are not driving.

We choose to plug it into the cigarette lighter socket and I just noticed when the engine is off, the cigarette lighter plug seems off too. Is this meaning that we can just plug it in ? will it not drain the battery? Our previous old car was continuously supplying power to the dashcam even if the engine was off so we had to unplug the dashcam charger from the cigarette lighter socket.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
I noticed everything turns off as soon as the car is off. So I think it’s safe for you to just leave it plugged in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on your new Civic EX! If you don't mind my asking, how have you wired the dashcam so the cable doesn't get in the way?

I'm looking to get a dashcam for my LX and just wondering how people have decided to do 'cable management' on their new Civics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your new Civic EX! If you don't mind my asking, how have you wired the dashcam so the cable doesn't get in the way?

I'm looking to get a dashcam for my LX and just wondering how people have decided to do 'cable management' on their new Civics.
Sorry :( I hired technician to do it since I am not good at this kind of thing (esp with cables :( )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts