11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow 11th Feb civic owners. I have the ex trim and the speakers are ok just not Bose right. So my question is has anyone changed out the speakers? If so how hard was it and what tools did you use? I have been looking at some speakers and tweeters on crutchfield however I am not sure if they actually fit and how hard it would be to change them all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not yet... I posted previously because I would like to just drop in the Touring OEM radio to get the wireless android auto and Bose subwoofer support (and the oem amplifier) .. but crutchfield can prob help with the actual speaker replacement because I don't care about having OEM speakers. I still haven't found part #'s / pricing for all this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello fellow 11th Feb civic owners. I have the ex trim and the speakers are ok just not Bose right. So my question is has anyone changed out the speakers? If so how hard was it and what tools did you use? I have been looking at some speakers and tweeters on crutchfield however I am not sure if they actually fit and how hard it would be to change them all.
Have you changed door speakers before? It's usually the same process, phillips head and some door trim wedges. I would youtube 10th gen civic speaker replacement and go from there. I'll be replacing my speakers this week with some infinity reference speakers, but I do not expect much of a difference since we can't change out the headunit.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey @Jay_loko5, any specific speakers and tweeters you're interested in getting?

These are the only details I can find on the 2022 Civic Bose Audio System so far:

Bose Premium Sound System Details:
  • One 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel.
  • Four 1-inch (25 mm) lightweight neodymium tweeters – one in each A-pillar and one in each rear door.
  • Two 6.5-inch (165 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each front door.
  • Two 5.25-inch (130 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each rear door.
  • Two 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speakers – one on each side of the rear deck.
  • One 8-inch (200 mm) woofer in the center of the rear deck.
  • A Bose digital amplifier with 12 channels of custom equalization and advanced digital signal processing.
@omgftmfw are you getting these Infinity Reference speakers? They seem like a nice upgrade.

Infinity Reference REF-6532IX
Reference Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
Output device Camera accessory Automotive tire Camera lens Cameras & optics

A modern classic
One thing's for sure — our customers love Infinity's Reference Series speakers. Year after year, car after car, options like these Reference Series REF-6532ix 6-1/2" car speakers remain a popular choice for replacing factory speakers because of their competitive pricing and superb sound.

Enhanced highs
Step up to a 1" edge-driven dome tweeter for smoother highs with minimal breakup. Plus, push-button tweeter attenuation gives you a "brightness" quick fix.

Plus One+ woofer cone
The Reference Series polypropylene woofer with its durable hi-roll rubber surround ensures you'll enjoy powerful sound every mile you drive. Its oversized cone moves more air than other speakers of similar size, adding plenty of punch to the speaker's impressive performance.

Excellent power-handling
These speakers will really blossom when powered by an external amplifier, but they're also sensitive enough to be a good match for a factory or aftermarket stereo. Plus, Infinity comes up with a safe way to get a little more power out of your system — these 3-ohm speakers combine with the speaker wire in your car so your car stereo sees actual 4-ohm impedance.

Product highlights:
  • 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
  • Plus One+ polypropylene woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
  • 1" edge-driven, textile dome tweeter
  • included brackets allow mounting in a variety of 6-3/4" and 6-1/2" openings
  • True Four Ohm Impedance technology:
    • speaker's 3-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
    • compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos
  • handles up to 60 watts RMS (180 watts peak power)
  • frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
  • sensitivity: 93 dB
  • top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
  • grilles included
  • warranty: 1 year
  • Our 60-day money-back guarantee
  • MFR # REF6532IXAM
What's in the box:
Infinity Reference REF-6532IX owner's manual
  • Two 2-way speakers
  • 2 Grilles
  • 2 Grille frames
  • 2 Plastic mounting rings
  • Eight 1" Screws
  • Eight 1/2" Screws
  • 8 Speed clips
  • 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
  • Instruction manual
  • Template on box
Features & specs
General
Speaker Size6 1/2
Design2-way
Tweeter DesignEdge-Driven Dome
Impedance (Ohms)3
Tweeter CompositionTextile
Woofer CompositionPolypropylene
Woofer SurroundRubber
Parts Warranty1 Year
Labor Warranty1 Year
Specifications
Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)N/A
Sensitivity at 2.83 volts93
Frequency Response53 - 21k Hz
Minimum RMS Wattage---
Maximum RMS Wattage60
Peak Power Handling (Watts)180
Top-mount Depth (Inches)2 1/16
Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)N/A
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)5 1/8
Mounting Height (Inches)0.698

What does everyone think about these other speakers?

Kicker 46CSC654
CS Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
Automotive tire Product Vehicle Tread Output device

The streamlined speaker
Kicker consistently prioritizes vehicle fit along with quality in their CS Series car speakers, making them among the most popular we sell. And better fit doesn't come at the cost of better sound — you'll find several cool innovations at work here. Kicker's low-protrusion tweeter, driven by a neodymium magnet, delivers your music's highs with control and clarity. And their UV-treated poly-foam surround equips this Kicker speaker for enduring performance no matter what extremes life in your car door brings.

Consistently solid sound
Kicker's 46CSC654 6-1/2" 2-way speaker serves up stellar sound using a polypropylene woofer for the lower frequencies and a PEI balanced dome tweeter for the highs. You'll get good results powering these speakers with a factory radio, but use an aftermarket car stereo or an outboard amp to enjoy classic Kicker quality with more detail and punch.

Product highlights:
  • 2-way 6-1/2" speakers (pair)
  • polypropylene woofer cone with polyester foam surround
  • 1/2" polyetherimide (PEI) balanced dome tweeter
  • handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
  • frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
  • sensitivity: 90 dB
  • top-mount depth: 1-13/16"
  • grilles included
  • MFR # 46CSC654
What's in the box:
Kicker 46CSC654 owner's manual
  • Two 2-way speakers
  • 2 Grilles
  • Two 12" Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on one end and female quick slides on the other)
  • 4 Red plastic wire caps
  • Eight 1-1/8" Screws
  • 8 Speed clips
  • Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features & specs
General
Speaker Size6 1/2
Design2-way
Tweeter Design1/2" Balanced Dome
Impedance (Ohms)4
Tweeter CompositionPEI
Woofer SurroundPolyester Foam
Parts Warranty1 Year
Labor Warranty1 Year
Specifications
Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)90
Sensitivity at 2.83 voltsN/A
Frequency Response40 - 20k Hz
Minimum RMS Wattage10
Maximum RMS Wattage100
Peak Power Handling (Watts)300
Top-mount Depth (Inches)1 13/16
Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)2 3/16
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)4 7/8
Mounting Height (Inches)0.445

Infinity Primus PR6512is
Primus Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
Automotive tire Product Output device Tread Tire

Treat yourself to an upgrade
When the thrill of owning a new (or new-to-you) car wears off, there's one sure-fire way to bring the excitement back to your drive. Install Infinity's Primus PR6512is 6-1/2" 2-way speakers in your doors and say goodbye to the uninspired vocals, muddy cymbals, and flabby bass of your factory sound. Lifelike vocals, crisp cymbals, and well-defined bass await you. What new playlists will you create to put these awesome speakers to the test?

Edge-driven tweeter design
Infinity employs an edge-driven design in their soft dome tweeters for a smoother, more open response and minimal distortion at high volume. Prepare for a more clearly defined soundstage as the details in your music come alive.

Famous Plus One+ technology
This Primus polypropylene woofer delivers solid, punchy bass, thanks to Infinity's proprietary Plus One+ woofer design. Infinity extends the cone right up to the edge of the basket, giving you lots of surface area — and a bigger cone means more bass when your music needs it.

Make the most of your power
Infinity's special "true 4-ohm architecture" uses a low-impedance voice coil to safely draw extra power out of your factory radio, aftermarket stereo, or an external amplifier, so you'll get a stronger clearer sound. Grilles are included.

Product highlights:
  • 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
  • Plus One+ polypropylene woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
  • edge-driven, textile dome tweeter
  • 2.7-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
  • handles up to 55 watts RMS (165 watts peak power)
  • frequency response: 53-20,000 Hz
  • sensitivity: 88 dB at 2.83 volts
  • top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
  • grilles included
  • MFR # PR6512ISAM
What's in the box:
Infinity Primus PR6512is owner's manual
  • Two 2-way speakers
  • 2 Grilles
  • 2 Grille frames
  • 2 Plastic mounting brackets
  • Eight 1" Screws
  • Eight 1/2" Screws
  • 8 Speed clips
  • 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
  • Template on box
  • Installation manual
Features & specs
General
Speaker Size6 1/2
Design2-way
Tweeter DesignEdge-Driven Dome
Impedance (Ohms)2.7
Tweeter CompositionTextile
Woofer SurroundRubber
Parts Warranty1 Year
Labor Warranty1 Year
Specifications
Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)N/A
Sensitivity at 2.83 volts88
Frequency Response53 - 20k Hz
Minimum RMS Wattage---
Maximum RMS Wattage55
Peak Power Handling (Watts)165
Top-mount Depth (Inches)2 1/16
Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)N/A
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)5 1/16
Mounting Height (Inches)0.658

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not yet... I posted previously because I would like to just drop in the Touring OEM radio to get the wireless android auto and Bose subwoofer support (and the oem amplifier) .. but crutchfield can prob help with the actual speaker replacement because I don't care about having OEM speakers. I still haven't found part #'s / pricing for all this.
This may be difficult--I know from previous vehicles Bose amplifies each speaker individually so you'd probably be looking at a bigger/more involved project but I'm not sure how they're doing it in the Civic application. Would you need to cut the parcel shelf sheetmetal as well for the subwoofer?

·
Registered
54 Posts
This may be difficult--I know from previous vehicles Bose amplifies each speaker individually so you'd probably be looking at a bigger/more involved project but I'm not sure how they're doing it in the Civic application. Would you need to cut the parcel shelf sheetmetal as well for the subwoofer?
That job honestly sounds like a huge waste of time; especially if the wire harness/plugs/pin outs are different, for minimal sound gains. Though not my money, so hopefully it works out for Harr2969

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking forward doing doing this as well sometime in the near future in my Sport trim. I was Roadshop manager back in the day @ Circuit City. This should be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Finally swapped out the oem speakers. Removing door panel is just the like the 10th gen. Aftermarket speaker adapter still works. Looks like Honda changed the plug type for the speakers and the metra speaker wire adapter currently does not work.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Here are the differences. Maybe I bought the wrong one? I didn’t look into it too much.
Hand Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting

I ended up breaking it apart and soldering wires to it and installed my new speakers.
Hand Wheel Tire Automotive tire Finger

For positive and negative. I based it off the 10th gen as the colors were the same and my voltmeter agreed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally swapped out the oem speakers. Removing door panel is just the like the 10th gen. Aftermarket speaker adapter still works. Looks like Honda changed the plug type for the speakers and the metra speaker wire adapter currently does not work.
View attachment 3612

Here are the differences. Maybe I bought the wrong one? I didn’t look into it too much.
View attachment 3613

I ended up breaking it apart and soldering wires to it and installed my new speakers.
View attachment 3614
For positive and negative. I based it off the 10th gen as the colors were the same and my voltmeter agreed.
Hello, I just installed my infiniti speakers in my 2022 sport version, and you can heard the difference in audio, although it could be better if the radio of the unit was not so simple ... I cut the connectors of the old speakers and soldered them to the METRA 72-7800 harness (which is not compatible with these connectors).
The original cables are blue and green but the polarity is different. blue is negative and green is positive. Using the multimeter you can see that the value is (-) or (+).
It is only my contribution if someone else wants to update the speakers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello, I just installed my infiniti speakers in my 2022 sport version, and you can heard the difference in audio, although it could be better if the radio of the unit was not so simple ... I cut the connectors of the old speakers and soldered them to the METRA 72-7800 harness (which is not compatible with these connectors).
The original cables are blue and green but the polarity is different. blue is negative and green is positive. Using the multimeter you can see that the value is (-) or (+).
It is only my contribution if someone else wants to update the speakers.
Give them time to break in and they’ll sound better. I was kinda disappointed at first when I heard them, but over time they have started to sound better. I’ve got the bass around +3 or 4, and for what they are and for how crappy the head unit is I think they sound good. I’ll double check my polarity this week to make sure I did it right. Thanks for the tip.

Are you going to add rear speakers? Or did you do that too? I’ve been holding off on the rear and was curious if they fill in the sound better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Give them time to break in and they’ll sound better. I was kinda disappointed at first when I heard them, but over time they have started to sound better. I’ve got the bass around +3 or 4, and for what they are and for how crappy the head unit is I think they sound good. I’ll double check my polarity this week to make sure I did it right. Thanks for the tip.

Are you going to add rear speakers? Or did you do that too? I’ve been holding off on the rear and was curious if they fill in the sound better.
No problem! ....I have the same speakers in my Passport and they actually sound amazing, but the main unit is much better quality and has a separate subwoofer.
I did the test installing in the rear as well but the sound is poor, not worth it, you gain better quality with the two front.
I think the space is too small to have 4 midrange speakers playing, (this is my opinion) but there are people who like exaggerated bass sound and honestly the equalizer of the main unit does not help much.

·
Registered
9 Posts

No problem! ....I have the same speakers in my Passport and they actually sound amazing, but the main unit is much better quality and has a separate subwoofer.
I did the test installing in the rear as well but the sound is poor, not worth it, you gain better quality with the two front.
I think the space is too small to have 4 midrange speakers playing, (is my opinion) but there are people who like exaggerated bass sound and honestly the equalizer of the main unit does not help much.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the space is too small to have 4 midrange speakers playing, (is my opinion) but there are people who like exaggerated bass sound and honestly the equalizer of the main unit does not help much.
Just checked my connections and the positive is to green on drivers side. Passenger side also checked out.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts