11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y’all I just put some Swift R-spec lowering springs on my Si.
Took it to an alignment shop and it shows my caster is out of range. While I know it’s only showing .1 out of range it’s changed the driving characteristics to a undesirable feel. Best way I can describe it is it’s hypersensitive to steering wheel input a bit “Squirrley“ on the road.
I have two questions.
1) can you adjust caster? Say buying coilovers?
2) If I adjust the camber to the factory setting with that bring the caster back in line?
thanks
View attachment 12553 View attachment 12553

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I would say caster being off doesn't make the car squirrely all that much, it affects the way the wheels return to center after turning. Toe has more of an affect on what you describe. You seem to be within spec on toe, but the settings may not be ideal. Just a guess, a good suspension shop should get it right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say caster being off doesn't make the car squirrely all that much, it affects the way the wheels return to center after turning. Toe has more of an affect on what you describe. You seem to be within spec on toe, but the settings may not be ideal. Just a guess, a good suspension shop should get it right.
thanks for your response in doing some research I found an article that said too much positive castor can make the car “nervous“ which is what I am feeling I just called it “Squirrley”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts