11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to clarify again that I am not using the remote start feature because I know that is supposed to shut off after ten minutes. It’s like after I’ve pushed brake and engine start button and been driving and then park, if I’m in park for 10-20 min (not sure exact time) the entire car engine and computers shut off. I’ve only had this car for four days. And I’m the only owner. It is a new 2022 Honda Civic touring. It’s at service now and it doesn’t appear to be a setting that I can change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car is meant to automatically shut off after a certain period of time if you are in park and the car is idling.
I’m confused because none of the ppl at the dealership or service said that was normal. They all said it shouldn’t do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And you have auto start stop off??
They told me that shouldn’t shut the car off. So no I think maybe it’s on? They told me that the engine would stop when you have it on, not turn off the whole car and the computers. Is that what I have to do to fix this issue???

·
Registered
26 Posts
They told me that shouldn’t shut the car off. So no I think maybe it’s on? They told me that the engine would stop when you have it on, not turn off the whole car and the computers. Is that what I have to do to fix this issue???
The auto stop start engages when you press the brake pedal all the way down or if you are stopped for a certain amount of time. It doesn’t turn the whole car off, all it does is turn of the engine, but everything else like infotainment system and gauges should stay on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its the A with the arrow going around it button

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 22 civic sport did that last night,Put in park sitting in car waiting for some one to come out of store,about 10 minutes car just shut off,everything went dead,Then restarted fine,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does anyone read the fucking manual anymore, or just post every idea about what they think is a problem that enters their heads with no self-reliant investigation into same?

I am amazed that some individuals are able to exist in daily life, hold a job, make decisions, inhale and exhale, etc. JFC.

Not specifically directed at OP, this is a trend on this site.

Grey Font Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone read the fucking manual anymore, or just post every idea about what they think is a problem that enters their heads with no self-reliant investigation into same?

I am amazed that some individuals are able to exist in daily life, hold a job, make decisions, inhale and exhale, etc. JFC.

Not specifically directed at OP, this is a trend on this site.
Right there with you bud. In this day and age there is a wealth of information available at your fingertips. A simple Google search or checking the manufacturers website can lead you to all the answers you need. Hell I'm still waiting for my Civic to arrive and out of excitement I've read through the manual a few times and am familiar with how most everything operates now.

·
Super Moderator
208 Posts
Awwwwww come on guys don't let it bother you that much lol

People join car sites to be able to ask whatever they want no matter how trivial their questions might be to some of us :)

I had a older guy ask me where does the washier fluid go because they had never put any in a car before. People are just have different levels of knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awwwwww come on guys don't let it bother you that much lol

People join car sites to be able to ask whatever they want no matter how trivial their questions might be to some of us :)

I had a older guy ask me where does the washier fluid go because they had never put any in a car before. People are just have different levels of knowledge and experience.
To an extent I understand this. I'm not expecting people to know how to rebuild an engine (I don't!).

But to ask a series of questions about something "wrong" with the car and then take the car to the dealer for this "problem" without reading the manual to understand that it's normal is just mind boggling to me.

I get that the manual is 700 pages, but this is also a huge financial investment worth understanding and protecting. Sit down with a glass of bourbon and read the thing... Hell, if you skip the lawyer gobbledygook it's only like 390 pages and you can effectively read/skim those in a few hours.

Reactions: SeeBee

·
Super Moderator
208 Posts
To an extent I understand this. I'm not expecting people to know how to rebuild an engine (I don't!).

But to ask a series of questions about something "wrong" with the car and then take the car to the dealer for this "problem" without reading the manual to understand that it's normal is just mind boggling to me.

I get that the manual is 700 pages, but this is also a huge financial investment worth understanding and protecting. Sit down with a glass of bourbon and read the thing... Hell, if you skip the lawyer gobbledygook it's only like 390 pages and you can effectively read/skim those in a few hours.
I agree with you but to bash on people for them just asking a question we think is not valid. Makes them shy away from asking questions and learning a lesson like go read the manual first 👍

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with you but to bash on people for them just asking a question we think is not valid. Makes them shy away from asking questions and learning a lesson like go read the manual first 👍
Fair

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree........

I see multiples posting similar regarding auto on/off and shutting off here..
I think it started with them skipping on reading the book and/or letting the salesperson explain the full features of the car.
These cars today are not the same as past GEN.
Maybe this is not a car for them if it bothers them that much..
Just like a PC -> user error.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I guess I owe OP an apology because the info I posted is in the digital download manual... but after looking, I'll be damned if I can find it in my print manual. So, it is possible that the print manual was completely reviewed by OP and no mention of this was found, which would tend to make one think it was a problem.

I'm not sure why there are differences between the electronic and print versions but there apparently are.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts