11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum,

New guy here from Toronto. I have been negotiating, with multiple dealers for the last month or so.
Signed the dotted line a week ago and the new EX will be delivered in a couple of days. When picking up the new car is there anything special i should pay attention to other then looking for scratches ? This will be my first ever new car purchase so curious to hear what checklist items I should really watch for before driving it off the lot.

Thank you for having me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
People are reporting some interior lights are not working. Try to get into dark place (their service dock) and look for all interior indicator lights... it looks some fuse gets forgotten to be plugged in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Make sure the dealer installing the 4 body plugs under the car. Mine were not installed during the predelivery inspection. Also make sure fuse #37 is installed in the under hood fuse box. Not installing that fuse will cause the lower half of the climate control to be unlit at night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make sure to check everything, especially those panel gaps, we found some dent on those.
The front part is kinda making a squeaky sound as well, probably I had bad luck. I hope it will not happen to your car(and I am sure it will not :))
We had EX as well but got rear-ended 4 weeks ago and it will cost 10,000 CAD to fix. . . so many careless drivers in Metro Vancouver, I am sure it will be in the GTA area too. Don't forget to install Dashcam.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure to check everything, especially those panel gaps, we found some dent on those.
The front part is kinda making a squeaky sound as well, probably I had bad luck. I hope it will not happen to your car(and I am sure it will not :))
We had EX as well but got rear-ended 4 weeks ago and it will cost 10,000 CAD to fix. . . so many careless drivers in Metro Vancouver, I am sure it will be in the GTA area too. Don't forget to install Dashcam.
Oh man … I am sorry to hear that happened to You. I know it takes many years to save enough for a new car and then for it to get smashed so soon after getting it hurts. Is there any chance insurance would wright it off ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh man … I am sorry to hear that happened to You. I know it takes many years to save enough for a new car and then for it to get smashed so soon after getting it hurts. Is there any chance insurance would wright it off ?
Thank you, Nope, I had new car insurance but the damage is not severe, it will cost 10,000 CAD to fix and the car value is 30,000CAD.

I wish the estimation would go up to 15,000 CAD but it didn't :( I will probably get my car by Mid December or next year. The insurance policy in BC is total garbage, I am getting nothing except car being repaired and getting rehab.
My responsibility for the accident came out as 0% but there is nothing I can get :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, Nope, I had new car insurance but the damage is not severe, it will cost 10,000 CAD to fix and the car value is 30,000CAD.

I wish the estimation would go up to 15,000 CAD but it didn't :( I will probably get my car by Mid December or next year. The insurance policy in BC is total garbage, I am getting nothing except car being repaired and getting rehab.
My responsibility for the accident came out as 0% but there is nothing I can get :(
In Ontario the insurance cost is through the roof but I can’t lie I had a non at fault claim on my older vehicle and they dealt with it very professionally.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In Ontario the insurance cost is through the roof but I can’t lie I had a non at fault claim on my older vehicle and they dealt with it very professionally.
Yeah, its high in Ontario too, especially you are in the GTA area.
The insurance in this province is a total joke..

I used to stay in NW Ontario and when we were paying around 150ish per month.
When we first moved to BC in 2019, we had to pay 430CAD per month.

It kinda decrease over time and this year it finally decreased to around 200ish per month but when we got a new car, it increased to 350CAD with same coverage(+ new car insurance) and I cannot believe that I am getting treated like this :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, its high in Ontario too, especially you are in the GTA area.
The insurance in this province is a total joke..

I used to stay in NW Ontario and when we were paying around 150ish per month.
When we first moved to BC in 2019, we had to pay 430CAD per month.

It kinda decrease over time and this year it finally decreased to around 200ish per month but when we got a new car, it increased to 350CAD with same coverage(+ new car insurance) and I cannot believe that I am getting treated like this :(
hopefully you get the car backin perfect shape. Slap some winters on it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi forum,

New guy here from Toronto. I have been negotiating, with multiple dealers for the last month or so.
Signed the dotted line a week ago and the new EX will be delivered in a couple of days. When picking up the new car is there anything special i should pay attention to other then looking for scratches ? This will be my first ever new car purchase so curious to hear what checklist items I should really watch for before driving it off the lot.

Thank you for having me.
Mine (EX version) has issues with driver side door panel gap and weather strip. I failed to notice it because the car was parked in a shade area having not enough light to check.

Suggest if you can check yours during the delivery.

And congrats ! have a safe ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine (EX version) has issues with driver side door panel gap and weather strip. I failed to notice it because the car was parked in a shade area having not enough light to check.

Suggest if you can check yours during the delivery.

And congrats ! have a safe ride.
What was wrong with the weather strip ?
picking up tonight at 6pm. I won’t have that much sunlight but I’ll ask them to take it into the shop so I can go through things diligently.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for the info here. I picked up the car and made sure all things mentioned where looked at. So far so good only a minor rattle from the screen but will drive it a couple more months to see if anything else develops before going in to see the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts