11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I have been car shopping since the beginning of this year. actually bought 2 cars, 1 of them I sold to Carvana and broke even.
I recently purchased a 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L with 35,000 Miles for $28,500 walking out the door
Before I even purchased the vehicle I checked what Carvana, Vroom and Carmax would offer me on August 23rd, 2021 . The highest was Carvana at $26,681.
I fully believe and trust in Honda vehicles my family has had plenty. But, this was the 1st Honda odyssey we owned. I heard about the transmissions issues and after driving around the Odyssey I suspect the transmission is will not last long and deciding to sell it. I got another appraisal about a month ago September 23rd for $27,472 after I put 2,000 miles on it. I did not receive the title yet so I could not move forward with the sale. Finally got the title around October 18th and got a 3rd appraisal from Carvana at $29,522 after putting just about 3,000 miles on it. Thats a $2,841 difference from the 1st appraisal and $1,000 profit from what I paid just 2 months later.

I'm 100% sure I want the 2022 Honda Civic EX. Im being told they are sold out everywhere. A few dealerships not too far from me have them in stock and/or on the way to the dealership available for purchase. They are telling me $33,800 walking out the the door for a 2022 Honda Civic EX Sedan. I even found one dealership that doesn't have them in stock right now. But, giving me an internet estimate quote at $28,650. I read a few post on this forum of people paying $27k-$28k and some people suggest not paying anything over $28k walking out the door for an EX.
The reason I gave my boring Carvana story is to show that cars are indeed rising in price very rapidly even if you choose to sell yours, every month it seems it will go up. I noticed that with the last car I sold to carvana earlier this year. The way all dealerships are working in South Florida is they tell you they don't have them in stock, I cant even test drive one. You must submit a "$500 fully refundable deposit" in order for them to put an order and hold it for you, test drive or whatever. If you dont like it supposedly they give the $500 back. One salesman showed me they have a list of 20 people who ordered the '22 Civic EX Sedan and waiting for the order to fulfil. Some of these people have been waiting since early September. They also informed me that if I put the $500 deposit now. I can expect sometime by December I may get one. But, not full guaranteed. I understand its chaos right now. But, whats your opinion on the walking out the door price? Has anybody actually bought a 2022 Honda Civic EX Sedan on this forum? What did you pay walking out the door. I plan to buy mine full cash, no financing, no leasing. My dilemma is should I sell the Odyssey for $1,000 profit and go without a car until they get the civics in stock or should I hold the Odyssey, the salesman informed me that he almost guarantees Carvana will offer me an even higher offer come around December because of all the demand from Holidays and lack of supply. Any take?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 22' EX that I purchased mid July. The dealer had only two 22s on the lot. Both white, one EX, and one LX. Dealer knocked off $500 from the MSRP. I still winded up paying just over $30k because I owned money on my trade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 22' EX that I purchased mid July. The dealer had only two 22s on the lot. Both white, one EX, and one LX. Dealer knocked off $500 from the MSRP. I still winded up paying just over $30k because I owned money on my trade.
Oh wow! thats crazy. I'm seeing some people getting walking out the door $27,800

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, brand new here as just two days ago I purchased a white 2022 Civic EX sedan for $27,486 out the door including sales tax. They had just put the car on the lot the day before and assured me it would be gone by the weekend. Feeling a little ill about the price but the only negotiating they would do is discount the sticker $399 to account for their documentary fee.
I am in Grand Junction CO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, brand new here as just two days ago I purchased a white 2022 Civic EX sedan for $27,486 out the door including sales tax. They had just put the car on the lot the day before and assured me it would be gone by the weekend. Feeling a little ill about the price but the only negotiating they would do is discount the sticker $399 to account for their documentary fee.
I am in Grand Junction CO.
Oh wow you got a great deal and only the 2nd person I seen to have bought the 2022 civic ex for under $28k. I called up more dealerships around South and Central Florida and they think I'm absolutely crazy for asking $28k walking out the door. 90% of Dealers have it at least $33k+ walking out the door. I have not seen any go to $34k yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh wow you got a great deal and only the 2nd person I seen to have bought the 2022 civic ex for under $28k. I called up more dealerships around South and Central Florida and they think I'm absolutely crazy for asking $28k walking out the door. 90% of Dealers have it at least $33k+ walking out the door. I have not seen any go to $34k yet.
No way. I bought my Touring for less than that out the door. And in Florida, 2 weeks-ish ago. Stick to your guns.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way. I bought my Touring for less than that out the door. And in Florida, 2 weeks-ish ago. Stick to your guns. View attachment 4447
yes thats the listed price, the same as any other dealership. But, its the price after that such as dealership fees, tax, tag, title, registration, adm, protection packages, etc. Which brings the price to $33kish. I have only seen 2 people on this forum mention they bought the EX for under $28k walking out the door.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes thats the listed price, the same as any other dealership. But, its the price after that such as dealership fees, tax, tag, title, registration, adm, protection packages, etc. Which brings the price to $33kish. I have only seen 2 people on this forum mention they bought the EX for under $28k walking out the door.
Tell them you don't want any add-ons, that's what I did. I also knew it would be $148 to transfer license plate, so I didn't let them add more than that. I bought mine when it was shown as "in transit" so I could tell them no add-ons and how could they argue, they didn't even have the car yet. Car, dealer fee, tax, $148 registration. Done.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
183 Posts
Be patient. Make a lot of calls. Talk to a lot of people. I purchased a 2022 Civic Hatch Sport Touring last Friday and my price out the door (before trade) was $30,810, which is MSRP. Don't pay more than you should have to.

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell them you don't want any add-ons, that's what I did. I also knew it would be $148 to transfer license plate, so I didn't let them add more than that. I bought mine when it was shown as "in transit" so I could tell them no add-ons and how could they argue, they didn't even have the car yet. Car, dealer fee, tax, $148 registration. Done.
Wish it was really that simple. But, it's not. Just got off the phone with another hungry salesman. He told me its going to be $30,500 roughly walking out the door. I told him I already found one for $28,600. (The only reason why I'm not buying the $28,600 is because it doesn't have the interior color I want). He told me he can't go that low. These dealerships make up their dealer fees and mark up fee. Thats the red zone part that you're missing out. A lot of people on this forum are mentioning how they are even seeing a $15,000 markup. The Car MSRP, Tax, Tag, Registration is a pretty set in stone price. It's the dealer fee that these dealers are not budging on. Thats the gossip on this forum right now. Why would they lower their price when the next guy walking in is willing to pay that markup. Thats the whole dilemma right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be patient. Make a lot of calls. Talk to a lot of people. I purchased a 2022 Civic Hatch Sport Touring last Friday and my price out the door (before trade) was $30,810, which is MSRP. Don't pay more than you should have to.

View attachment 4508
Nice catch, I'm considering switching up my tactics and go for a sport touring or touring sedan for $31,000 OTD. Since I'm seeing a handful of you guys on this forum getting them for that price. Might as well since these dealers are trying to charge me $30,000-$33,500 OTD for an EX.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
183 Posts
Nice catch, I'm considering switching up my tactics and go for a sport touring or touring sedan for $31,000 OTD. Since I'm seeing a handful of you guys on this forum getting them for that price. Might as well since these dealers are trying to charge me $30,000-$33,500 OTD for an EX.
I would certainly try.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is this place near you? The vehicle is in transit, which is how I got mine. Like I said, I told the internet sales guy I didn't want any dealer add-ons. I paid msrp, tax, standard dealer fee, registration. No markup or add-ons.

Already called them. This is one of the dealerships that said they want $30k+ walking out the door.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts