11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody confirm? I have the EX from Canada. I was told by my dealership that they’re not supposed to when I asked as they apparently would show up when in use.
Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Car Gauge

·
Registered
32 Posts
They definitely should be backlit. This thread might be of interest.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Still waiting to hear back from the SA on what exactly they will be replacing. I had it in Tuesday and they figured out the issue but wanted to confirm with Honda on what they should be replacing exactly. I should hear tomorrow or Saturday and post the update in my thread.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
76 Posts
All the buttons (Front, Rear, AC & Mode) light up on my Touring.

Automotive lighting Flash photography Tints and shades Font Audio equipment

Speedometer Gauge Car Automotive design Vehicle

Speedometer Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Gauge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the response! Will definitely bring it up again at my dealership after being told they're not supposed to smh.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
76 Posts
Thank you all for the response! Will definitely bring it up again at my dealership after being told they're not supposed to smh.
From the looks of that photo you posted, there is supposed to be backlighting on the (Mode, Front, Rear & AC) buttons. Not sure why the backlighting on your EX is turned off.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
From the looks of that photo you posted, there is supposed to be backlighting on the (Mode, Front, Rear & AC) buttons. Not sure why the backlighting on your EX is turned off.
On mine they are replacing a harness to correct the issue. I am asking for more information about what harness they are replacing exactly .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so I brought it up again at the dealership, they still said they’re not supposed to. Apparently they looked into it & had a file for it & everything. Guy looked annoyed as it was the same person that I asked last time that’s helping me. I even showed pictures that you guys shared & he came up with a bullshit answer that they’re on the touring only? Doesn’t make sense.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
so I brought it up again at the dealership, they still said they’re not supposed to. Apparently they looked into it & had a file for it & everything. Guy looked annoyed as it was the same person that I asked last time that’s helping me. I even showed pictures that you guys shared & he came up with a bullshit answer that they’re on the touring only? Doesn’t make sense.
Someone with an ex will have to chime in for you. Mine is a touring but yeah that seems like BS to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like BS to me.

Try looking on YouTube for POV night driving videos. I think they’re mostly Touring trim. But maybe you can find one where they’re driving an EX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats lies, I have a US sport model and I have backlighting like the pictures everyone posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a touring , mine also don’t light up the auto / on off/ sync do light up and the buttons for recirc and heated seats mirrors and defrost light up with the little orange light but no backlight. And yes turned the lights on manually on the stalk and brightness to max.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a touring , mine also don’t light up the auto / on off/ sync do light up and the buttons for recirc and heated seats mirrors and defrost light up with the little orange light but no backlight. And yes turned the lights on manually on the stalk and brightness to max.
Damn, looks like Honda let some get by during Quality Control.

I have a Touring trim also. And my buttons are backlit. I also noticed around the “On/Off” button, there’s no fan speed indicator lights. Or is the climate control turned off?

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Well parts showed up and they will need the car for 2-3 days to do the work. So it’s a labor intensive situation. Sucks because they will take apart the dash

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Damn, looks like Honda let some get by during Quality Control.

I have a Touring trim also. And my buttons are backlit. I also noticed around the “On/Off” button, there’s no fan speed indicator lights. Or is the climate control turned off?
Around the on off switch little bars light up as you turn it up and down for fan speed. Also shows up on the navi screen for a second

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well parts showed up and they will need the car for 2-3 days to do the work. So it’s a labor intensive situation. Sucks because they will take apart the dash
Damn. 2-3 days? Didn’t realize it was going to be so labor intensive. I guess you don have much choice though. You gotta get it done.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Around the on off switch little bars light up as you turn it up and down for fan speed. Also shows up on the navi screen for a second
I was just commenting on the pic EnjoyedLemon posted. In addition to his buttons not being backlit, There’s no bars on his On/Off dial like you mentioned.

Even when I turn mine all the way down, there’s one bar remaining. The only way I can get no bars to show is to push the On/Off dial to turn the Climate Control System off. But if I do that the Temperature numbers also disappear. But his temperature numbers are still there. Not really sure what‘s going on there.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
I asked them to save all parts replaced so I can document it here with pictures. Disappointed that I buy a 30g car and it’s dash is being torn apart right away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I asked them to save all parts replaced so I can document it here with pictures. Disappointed that I buy a 30g car and it’s dash is being torn apart right away.
Appreciate the info, keep us update! Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 civic sport sedan
9 Posts
Here is some info for others having this problem: Took mine to the dealer today for this issue on my 2022 Civic Sport. They ended up finding out that there was a fuse missing. Must've left the factory like that I suppose. Hope this info helps others who run into this issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts