11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya! I'm picking up my new Touring Hatch SGP today or tomorrow (!!!), and I won't have a chance to wax it or get any other protection on it before I drive it around and drive it home from Michigan to NH.

Would it help to get a front bra from a local auto parts store? Or do those things do more harm than good?

With all the salt and stuff on the road right now, especially the highway, I feel like it's at risk.

·
Registered
2023 Civic Sport Sedan Sonic Grey Pearl
31 Posts
Hiya! I'm picking up my new Touring Hatch SGP today or tomorrow (!!!), and I won't have a chance to wax it or get any other protection on it before I drive it around and drive it home from Michigan to NH.

Would it help to get a front bra from a local auto parts store? Or do those things do more harm than good?

With all the salt and stuff on the road right now, especially the highway, I feel like it's at risk.
If you're referring to covers, you put on the front of the car I wouldn't. Obviously, salt isn't good on the car but as someone who lives in Canada you get salt on pretty much every part of any vehicle. I would say just give it a good wash after. Salt won't do much in just a few days. What rusts a car is leaving it on the entire winter.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're referring to covers, you put on the front of the car I wouldn't. Obviously, salt isn't good on the car but as someone who lives in Canada you get salt on pretty much every part of any vehicle. I would say just give it a good wash after. Salt won't do much in just a few days. What rusts a car is leaving it on the entire winter.
That's super helpful. I'm not worried about the salt, but all the little rocks that go along with it...

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's super helpful. I'm not worried about the salt, but all the little rocks that go along with it...

I would look into 3M protection, did that to my car and cleans easy. and if you get alot of bugs washed nicely off. 3M in my opinion is the way to go. it will protect from rocks and such. i also got my headlamps protected so they wont get sand blasted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts