11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
played a little with the system last night.
when i got the car home a couple nights ago, i was antsy on how the system sounds like. understand that my last two Civics (2013 and 2017) were way less than par when it comes to the music department so i changed all the speakers with Rockford Fosgates, added AudioControl Sound processor, and RockfordFosgate 10" sub/Alpine amp.
with that in mind, my first impression when i listened to the Bose system was meh. i turned on the Centerpoint and set the treble, mid and bass to +6. at this point i was regretting not keeping the enclosed sub, amp and sound processor from my previous car. it's ok, better than the other systems, but it was lacking that clarity and punch that i'm used to.
so yesterday i had a little time to mess with it. this is how i set it up:
Treble +5
Mid 0
Bass +6
Centerpoint: On
set back the fader one click down
set the balance one click to the right
learned this little trick from my other cars. from the driver's perspective, you don't want to have balance/fader smack in the middle because the left/front speakers (being closer to you as a driver) will overwhelmed the other speakers. by moving it down and to the right, it should balance it right there.
after all the adjustments, all i can say is the Bose system that came with it is badass! it came alive with those few adjustments! the clarity was there, and the bass was enough to give the music a body. so yes, i'm more in love with my car now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let us know if you decide to do any sort of system integration with the Bose setup and what the process is. When my Si comes in, I’ll immediately be digging into it and disconnecting the 8” sub in the rear deck, finding some sort of signal, whether it be (hopefully) a simple low level flat signal going to the Bose amp, or a high level coming out of it to pipe into my DSP so I can add my own sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts