11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport
5 Posts
Has anyone blacked out the emblems on their 22 sport model yet?
Just got my set from College Hills Honda on Friday, installing tomorrow and it looks fun to say the least… have to take off the front bumper according to the instructions but seems straight forward. I’ll try to make a post with before and after results.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport
5 Posts
All finished! With how little chrome is already on the car these gloss blacked out emblems really improve the look in my opinion. With tax, all the emblems cost me about $120. You may ask, “why didn’t you just buy a $5 can of plasti dip?”. Been there, done that, and I think it looks terrible after about 6 months. Dip dulls out and the only thing to shine it up is tire shine lol. End rant.

I used goo gone automotive and some string to get the adhesive off the back emblems. the instructions that College Hills Honda provides on their website were straightforward and allowed me to install everything pretty easily except for the front H emblem…

I ran into a roadblock when I couldn’t locate the 8 clips under the lights but with all the clips and bolts I removed already, I was able to give myself enough room to get to the push pins that hold the emblem in. The instructions tell you the entire front bumper needs to come off and I was able to do it without taking it off!

Took a total of 3 hours from start to finish and I’m very happy with the results! Links to the emblems below and pictures!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All finished! With how little chrome is already on the car these gloss blacked out emblems really improve the look in my opinion. With tax, all the emblems cost me about $120. You may ask, “why didn’t you just buy a $5 can of plasti dip?”. Been there, done that, and I think it looks terrible after about 6 months. Dip dulls out and the only thing to shine it up is tire shine lol. End rant.

I used goo gone automotive and some string to get the adhesive off the back emblems. the instructions that College Hills Honda provides on their website were straightforward and allowed me to install everything pretty easily except for the front H emblem…

I ran into a roadblock when I couldn’t locate the 8 clips under the lights but with all the clips and bolts I removed already, I was able to give myself enough room to get to the push pins that hold the emblem in. The instructions tell you the entire front bumper needs to come off and I was able to do it without taking it off!

Took a total of 3 hours from start to finish and I’m very happy with the results! Links to the emblems below and pictures!

View attachment 2854

View attachment 2855

View attachment 2857

View attachment 2858
looks great! thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts

View attachment 2854

View attachment 2855

View attachment 2857

View attachment 2858
Was the front emblem hard to install? Did you end up using wedge tools to ply it off or what was your process? I was thinking of grabbing these but was worried to break anything cause I’m trying to do it without taking off the whole bumper

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

View attachment 2854

View attachment 2855

View attachment 2857

View attachment 2858
Welcome @Herms11thgen, congrats on the Civic.
Add it to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry
Are you planning to add any accessories and/or modifications?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport
5 Posts
Was the front emblem hard to install? Did you end up using wedge tools to ply it off or what was your process? I was thinking of grabbing these but was worried to break anything cause I’m trying to do it without taking off the whole bumper
I did use a plastic wedge tool remover to slowly pry it loose, had to rock it back and forth for about 10 mins and eventually ended up busting off one of the pins on the chrome H emblem. Figured I didn’t need it anyways so not a loss in my book.

You will need to remove the bumper partially to secure the new emblem in place though with the 6 mm socket per the instructions. It seemed daunting but wasn’t horrible in the end.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport
5 Posts
Welcome @Herms11thgen, congrats on the Civic.
Add it to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry
Are you planning to add any accessories and/or modifications?
Right now the emblem replacement is all! Thank you for the warm welcome. Eventually I’d love to have the HPD package installed but don’t really want to do that myself. Might call college hills and see how much they charge for an install of the full kit.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Right now the emblem replacement is all! Thank you for the warm welcome. Eventually I’d love to have the HPD package installed but don’t really want to do that myself. Might call college hills and see how much they charge for an install of the full kit.
Nice!
Are you also going with the HPD wheels as well?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport
5 Posts
Nice!
Are you also going with the HPD wheels as well?
Personally, I am not a fan of the HPD wheels. Love the stock sport wheels and have some black lugs coming today actually that I will be putting on! Would love if someone would come out with black chrome Honda center caps to complete the wheels. The H on the wheels center cap will be the last piece of chrome on the car after I install these lugs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts