11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dealer called 8/10. Bought it in for replacement on 8/15. Part number was 44306T21A51-Left Front CV Axles. I believe having the axle replaced would fix a clunking noise coming from the steering rack. But no luck. It's seems as if the steering wheel is binding. Will have to take it back once it get worse. Last time the advisor denied anything was wrong with the steering system, but only approved the CV replacement.
Aww man that sucks. Can you feel the clunk through the steering wheel? When I swapped my springs out the left front developed an immediate clunking noise at low parking lot speeds. Swapped the stock ones back and it went away. Maybe something is binding on the strut?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think I may be in OP's boat. I just started hearing a click -popping coming from the right front wheel on hard turns, worse on hard turns in reverse.

Looked at the boots, they look okay, no grease slung anywhere underneath; but all indicators point to a CV issue.

Probably gonna take it in sometime next week to have someone with more knowledge than me look at it.

If it is the CV joint hopefully that backorder is done.

I'm really not too annoyed, it's been a great car so far. 14k.

Edit 9/1/22 to close the loop: Right front strut mount bad, ordered and will be warrantied.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My CV boot ripped and leaked out all the grease as well, my civic has 5.8k miles lol.(2022 Civic Si). I drive pretty spirited and I hit the canyons a lot if anyone is curious.
What caused the rip?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts