11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
'22 Civic ST Hatch Platinum White Pearl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone miffed that Honda can't make use a decent camera for backup? I've had a '16 EX-L, 19 Sport Hatch and now '22 Sport Touring Hatch and I swear it is the same poor camera visual quality. Seems ever more important with large headrests and smaller area rear windows. Just saying they shouldn't have cut corners there to save a few bucks.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone miffed that Honda can't make use a decent camera for backup? I've had a '16 EX-L, 19 Sport Hatch and now '22 Sport Touring Hatch and I swear it is the same poor camera visual quality. Seems ever more important with large headrests and smaller area rear windows. Just saying they shouldn't have cut corners there to save a few bucks.
Just saw the other related discussions apparently I'm far from the only complainer, haha.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wouldn't surprise me if the SI probably had a better quality camera, like speakers, Honda standard vs. Bose. To think my 2016 EX-L had an oem right side mirror camera. That was so cool. It also had heated rear seats! Honda sometimes overachieves and sometimes misses. Here's a miss... US 2022 civic sport model with no turbo. How sporty is that?

· Registered
1,952 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if the SI probably had a better quality camera, like speakers, Honda standard vs. Bose. To think my 2016 EX-L had an oem right side mirror camera. That was so cool. It also had heated rear seats! Honda sometimes overachieves and sometimes misses. Here's a miss... US 2022 civic sport model with no turbo. How sporty is that?
I always liked the passenger side mirror camera, my CR-V has it and it is very effective, but not great quality of picture , it does good enough.

· Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring
97 Posts
It is pretty crappy, but I just need to see if there are cars or people behind me when I’m backing out, I don’t need to be able to read the fine print in their tshirts, so it’s fine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts